What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

retail therapy happening tomorrow

euro breakdown for the bike :D

breakdown for the car

ferry for the bike

return ferry for the bike

a phone

even tho the bike is very new and it wont break just in case for tyres etc (have foam cannister and proud to say in 20 years never used one touch wood) and ive been all over europe

Got Dad's day presents.  Bought self a bottle of SIngle Malt - Indian, no less - tasted first and it's very nice.

Going to Dad's day car show in Looogabaroga tomorrow in my death trap (as Ma and pals call it) AMC.  Finished fitting new slightly less shonky exhausts and brand new rear shocks about an hour ago.

Well,my old dears have finally got to there static in Pendine. And said ''Look after the bungalow will you''

Look after it? , its a 4 bedroom new build, with air con, freezer full of food, Virgin mega bundle package, 60 inch TV and enough beer to keep England going for a month,

Look after it ? Im moving in for a bit :-) 

Countering out earlier grump, my company received some samples to analyse yesterday in the normal post ( lots of lovely stamps) from a Nigerian university along with a fat envelope. Envelope contained several sheets of carbon paper which were wrapped around many, many £20 notes. I am sure we are the only company in the uk getting money out of Nigeria! My colleague went Straight down to the bank today. Well he said he was....

And everyone thought that lovely Nigerian prince who emailed was scamming people , he's sorted himself out and sending the money back now

Shpock user in reply to my advert for a mobility scooter for £100:

'50'

Me: don't know what you mean???

Them: '50 scooter'

Me: I haven't got a 50cc scooter, it's a disability one, it's electric?

Them: '£50 scooter' 

Me: no idea what you're on about, I haven't got a £50 scooter. 

Them 'ill giv u 50 for it'

Me: Jog on.

Haven't heard from them since, scooter now sold.

Popped to a local show earlier and saw a 2cv limo, it looked as if it was crafted with cake and then iced

I had to woolard it (it was a bugger to keep my balance as I was stood on one leg as my foot wasn't actually on the bumper)

post-4828-0-54569000-1466352507_thumb.jpg

I was parked with other sierra's

post-4828-0-32576100-1466352950_thumb.jpg

Also unknowingly I was sat speaking with a shiter, it's nice to put a face to a username

Car show was great - best bits were - some kid moaning to his Dad "but there was only one Ferrari" and another when his Dad was saying how great the V12 E-type was "I'd rather have a classic Mercedes".  With any luck (and if I live long enough) I might get that E-type after all.

Star of the show had to be this bloke though -

post-20411-0-66773600-1466363570_thumb.jpg

Guest Hooli

Popped to a local show earlier and saw a 2cv limo, it looked as if it was crafted with cake and then iced

I had to woolard it (it was a bugger to keep my balance as I was stood on one leg as my foot wasn't actually on the bumper)

attachicon.gifDSC_2359.JPG

I was parked with other sierra's

attachicon.gifDSC_2355.JPG

Also unknowingly I was sat speaking with a shiter, it's nice to put a face to a username

Everytime I see your Sierra it reminds me I miss mine.

Went on a bike ride with Mrs_Pillock.

Grin? She's got a kippered pelvis, something about a tendon not doing tendonny things and it all just flops around. She's been having physio recently, and they reckoned she could cope with this - 6 miles later they were right! So now we're on the lookout for bikes plus a shed to put them in :)

I think Ken has a bike shed for sale.......in blue......

Ya sod, you beat me to it lol.

Just make sure you buy the shed and then all will be well as it will actually be able to contain two bikes without having to dismantle them first. I let Mrs PBK sort out the new funky plastic bike shed. That was a huge mistake.

The dollop was due to be delivered back tonight but has failed to proceed! This makes me happy :) The damn thing has finally played up while in their care and allowed a small amount of investigation before it started again. It seems they think, that it's the ignition switch box itself that is playing up so it's out and off to be tested/repaired.

As the dash is out, I have asked them to repair the clock... I will regret this when the bill comes in!

Saw Europe's bravest cab driver earlier here in Warsaw, at the wheel of a Laguna II. Normal service restored 500m later where another Laguna II was parked up on the central reservation, bonnet open.

You don't need to go to Warsaw for that, we have one here in Glossop! 200k+ too...

One of my Flickr contacts snapped the last car my dad ever owned, and it's still local to where we lived.

It's now lived there longer then we did!

This is my photo as they don't allow embedding but other than a dent in the rear three quarter (bah) it looks much the same:

4999367353_f3a23f75ff_z.jpg1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 GL 4WD Estate. by Sam Osbon, on Flickr