HMC- Rover 75 mushroom cloud?

HMC

3 minutes ago, SiC said:

Also filling a Yank Tank up at 182.9p/l services... Someone must be a very wealthy individual!

That’ll be for normal , Huggy would want the £2.00 per litre stuff,presumably.

26 minutes ago, HMC said:

069F8198-8186-47DC-B004-AACB77183CD6.thumb.jpeg.e25624427c76cf363d2c336396603ca2.jpeg

Oh fuck me! its actually happening?! its always been one of those things that have been talked about but I never expected it to actually happen!

well I look forward to this new chapter in Huggies life and I hope it continues to stay in the forum for many years to come!

it would be really awesome to see the worst of the bodywork and such tidied up a bit :) 

and I hope @eddyramrod is able to visit from time to time, or get another suitably big US wafty barge :) 

19 minutes ago, SiC said:

Also filling a Yank Tank up at 182.9p/l services... Someone must be a very wealthy individual!

I think Huggy only takes Super unleaded , so probably 195.9 ish ,  :(  

Eddy posted the other day that he filled up from 3/4 to a full tank and was £75.......

Try and coast behind a Sainsburys lorry on the way home...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Super low-compression, massive slow-revving American engine which was designed to run on dog piss?? It definitely doesn't 'need' super, or E5, or any of that nonsense.

Glad to see this go to a new home, I did rather think Eddy might be stuck with it forever.

• Like 2

Apart from the possibility of needing low ethanol, I don't see why this would need super? 87AKI is the lowest Gas grade, roughly equivalent to 91RON and I'd have thought it would have taken that. Our 95RON would be roughly equivalent to USA 91AKI. @PhilAwill probably know more what this could take.

The 10% Ethanol content wouldn't be a too big concern in damaging any of the fuel lines/pumps/floats/carbs as it'd have been burnt off by the time he's home. 🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, HMC said:

Quick stop. Looks like the MX5 appreciation society has also decided to have a break…

D7381E5D-51BF-49EB-A5D2-317A95A30750.jpeg

As nobody has noticed - that's a bloody M Roadster on the left! The floppy top version of the clownshoe M Coupe. Extremely rare, HML says 300 on the road.

5 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

As nobody has noticed - that's a bloody M Roadster on the left! The floppy top version of the clownshoe M Coupe. Extremely rare, HML says 300 on the road.

Rare? 300? I don't think I've ever owned a car of which there are 300 left on the road. OK, slight exaggeration for comic* effect but certainly not for a long long time. Last time I did was probably Austin 1800s in the late 90s.

Yes, it's Huggy.  Yes I have a heavy heart, and will for some time I suspect, but the contents of my new thread will soften the blow somewhat.  I managed not to cry, at least.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, SiC said:

Apart from the possibility of needing low ethanol, I don't see why this would need super? 87AKI is the lowest Gas grade, roughly equivalent to 91RON and I'd have thought it would have taken that. Our 95RON would be roughly equivalent to USA 91AKI. @PhilAwill probably know more what this could take.

The 10% Ethanol content wouldn't be a too big concern in damaging any of the fuel lines/pumps/floats/carbs as it'd have been burnt off by the time he's home. 🤣

Correct, that's a Fuel Crisis car, designed to run on 87 (R+M)/2, which is roughly equivalent as @SiC said to 91 over there.

Put the cheapest fuel you can in, you can give it a bit more timing with E10 but just watch because it likes to vapor lock more; it certainly doesn't need super, unless that's E0 which will help in standing traffic.

Phil

31 minutes ago, PhilA said:

it certainly doesn't need super, unless that's E0 which will help in standing traffic

Esso is about the only guaranteed petrol provider that says their super is E0 over here. Even then, some areas with Esso are E5. Everyone else's Super is pretty much E5.