Autoshite Help

Slartibartfast

There should be a 'Like' button at the bottom left of each post in Tapatalk. Note that the number of 'Likes' on any post never exceeds 3, irrespective of how many it has actually collected - a bug with Tapatalk apparently.

The tick at the top right toggles whether you are 'Subscribed' to that topic - if you are, you will get notifications of new posts by other users, dependent on what notification settings you have on your forum profile (which is independent of Tapatalk)

Tapatalk is a bit limited when it comes to inserting emojis into your text and uploading images - you cannot choose where the image appears in relation to your text. I do upload the odd spot with it though - it's OK for that. There's a button below the text editor for uploading direct from the camera or images from the gallery in your phone.

ETA A Tapatalk improvement is that you can now edit your posts by selecting them, causing a spanner/screwdriver button to appear on the toolbar - press on that and you can choose whether to edit or delete the post (though I think deleting may rely on it still being the last post in the thread)

I've been having issues with it for weeks. If a new post comes in as I'm reading Tapatalk stops working!!

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

I've been having issues with it for weeks. If a new post comes in as I'm reading Tapatalk stops working!!

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

It's certainly what at work I call 'a bit wank'. Whether I can see pics on posts is a lottery, which is annoying for the spotting and ebay tat threads, and any for sale items. And any collection thread graced with pics of stations, breakfasts, toilets etc. when I think about it. In fact on a lot of threads. And yes, it seems to lurch through phases of chronic instability.

Vicious circle for the Tapatalk developers, I'm tempted to help them make a better product by giving them some money for the full, ad-free version (I get moronic ads when viewing other fora on it) but I'm discouraged by the fact that the app's issues will probably affect the paid-for version just the same, so I put up with it.

It's certainly what at work I call 'a bit wank'. Whether I can see pics on posts is a lottery, which is annoying for the spotting and ebay tat threads, and any for sale items. And any collection thread graced with pics of stations, breakfasts, toilets etc. when I think about it. In fact on a lot of threads. And yes, it seems to lurch through phases of chronic instability.

Vicious circle for the Tapatalk developers, I'm tempted to help them make a better product by giving them some money for the full, ad-free version (I get moronic ads when viewing other fora on it) but I'm discouraged by the fact that the app's issues will probably affect the paid-for version just the same, so I put up with it.

I used to get picture issues with Tapatalk but not so much now. The issue of AS just stopping, seemingly when a new post comes in or I open a larger topic, is VERY annoying though. The other forum I use on TT developed the same issue as AS at the same time but they've fixed it now. TT did suggest a while back it was older software between AS and TT or something along those lines.

When it works, yes it's very good for pics I find.

Notifications are playing up, both e-mail and on-site.

3 threads I've not unfollowed I get no or very few notifications about. (Zel's Camper, eBay Tat and DW's Fox)

No e-mails for "likes" or PMs. Autoshite is not a blocked domain on my account. Haven't receive an e-mail from AS since 1st August.

Have checked the on-site settings and they are all as when I joined.

Has Autoshite lost its secure domain status? Or did it never have one and I never noticed?

Never had it. I've brought it up a couple of times and been told it's nearly there everytime. Last time was 28th January.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to convert to move all content over to HTTPS. Tedious yes but difficult no. There are quite a few IPS boards (software that this uses) that are there. Any image links or such like can be updated with a couple of SQL queries or even some simple scripts. Theme likewise gone through and update and hard references to HTTP in links to HTTPS. Certificate wise Let's Encrypt is free and effective.

Bit disappointing tbh. Especially as all data is being sent unencrypted in clear text. Be that forum content, private messages and password.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else having uploading photos issues?. For some reason i can only upload one photo at a time now and not a batch of 10 like before? This is a tat frustrating. I've also got the same problem with Taptalk which won't even let me post on it at all now anymore!

• 1 month later...

Shouldn't be.

Process is register, Confirm email then goes into a queue to be mod OKed.

May take a few days as they are done in batches.

We still have an ex member who was asked to leave, coming back under different names constantly. Not quite sure why he hasn't got better things to do but hey ho.

Plus lots of spam bots so can't just go through auto approve.

We don't get it all right all the time especially when people have very odd/suspicious email addresses.

Best thing to do is use contact form and send something through if haven't got approval in 4 days.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it just me or are PMs not working quite right?

When I click on ‘compose new’ on the messages pop-up behind the envelope icon at the top of the page, I get this:

post-4091-0-56281000-1546440346_thumb.png

The screen shot is off my phone, but I got it on a laptop too.

Ta in advance.

EDIT - scratch that - it is just me - I was at 100% of quota. Seems ok now. Soz.

Is it just me or are PMs not working quite right?

When I click on ‘compose new’ on the messages pop-up behind the envelope icon at the top of the page, I get this:

attachicon.gif890DCA8A-2A51-4AFB-93C9-6FBEAC62AA1C.png

The screen shot is off my phone, but I got it on a laptop too.

Ta in advance.

EDIT - scratch that - it is just me - I was at 100% of quota. Seems ok now. Soz.

They've been working ok for me today.

• 5 weeks later...

1) Handful of my posts have disappeared - would like to know if this is admin/mod or something has gone wrong.

2) when I clear out my notifications some of the older ones come back - not everyday but normally once or twice a week. Doesn't matter which browser I use or clear cookies/cache etc.

3) no e-mail notifications for some time now. AS is on my safe list.