Ebay, Beer, Immaculate Ford F150, ruined credit.....

DaveAspley

After the filler laden Valiant debacle last year, you (as a reasonably sane person) would assume that another fantasy Yank Tank wouldn't come into view for a loooooong time. No. This happened after just two pints!!!!

A 1997 Ford F150 4.2 V6, It's a rare OK , KA, TX spec XL which means peasant spec interior and ice cold A/C.

post-5723-0-62873200-1497638411_thumb.jpg 

Bought new by a young lady on her way to the US Army who (kept every single document EVER!) then had it shipped to the UK and carried on with it until last year whereby a South African guy over here took it in as trade against a new F150 and sold it to me after I ruined myself forever credit wise!

It was up for £4995. I hit buy-it-now. 

I'm awaiting my Dad to pop round with his camera, but this thing is mint (the chassis needs scrubbing and painting, dry state spec no underseal)

Oh, and it has a spanish , MANUEL WITH 3FT GEAR LEVER

post-5723-0-70814500-1497638924_thumb.jpg

Looks good many plans for it yet?

Got to ask the filler ridden Val? Does it have a thread?

Search for Plymouth valiant on here, it was an uncomfortable way to meet your hero also lose total faith in fellow mans honesty, and 2 grand..

Nice truck. Never seen a Manuel one in that body style. Looks like an overinflated Ranger!

Was trying to figure what wasn't quite right about it, took a while. Side repeaters.

Phil

Ha! £4995 eh?

That was book price for the Dacia I 'shot through' on... Splurging £350 on ToMM© instead :)

I stand by my decision! (the Sandero doesn't even have a temp gauge!!)

TS

Search for Plymouth valiant on here.....

Tried the on-site search but only this thread (F150) popped up. Fortunately Google came to the rescue and here it is: http://autoshite.com/topic/23590-a-valiant-effort/

The gearlever in that F150 is epic !  Unusual for a modern car and almost as long as the gearlever in a very early Mini. It's a proper poverty spec motor.  Can't recall ever seeing a US maker's pickup without an autobox.