Citroen C15 rear spring compressor needed

anonymous user

As the title says, I need to get hold of one of these, preferably borrow/hire rather than the couple of hundred to buy a new one. Camper is off the road, local garages including Citroen don't have one. I know there are a few C15 fans on here so hopefully someone can help. Due to the odd suspension set up with poor clearance ordinary spring compressors are not suitable.

Thanks FOAD, I hope it doesn't come to that though, as I'd have to pay someone to make it, my metalwork skills are zero and I don't think one in wood would work. I have got a number for a garage in Bristol that may have one, don't know if they will hire it out though ( even if I offer a hefty deposit) and don't fancy trying to drive the camper to them.

I got the arms out of my 305 estate by putting the rear wheels on ramps and then filling the boot with paving slabs until the rear suspension was fully compressed.

I then made up some brackets to hold the springs in their compressed state.

When I removed the paving slabs the springs remained compressed and I could get the arms out.

Remember that due to the unequal length of the arm pressing the spring and the arm that the wheel is attached to that the force in the spring is something like five time the weight on the wheel though.  You need some very strong brackets to hold.

If it isn't strong enough then most likely it will let go when you remove the paving slabs and as the arms are still there at that point no harm will come.