BMW E28, fucked, what happens now?

nisfan

At least here, it would not be a write-off:

unbenannt.png

Good condition 6400 - 8600 Euro for a good 525eta. And that prices are realistic. My brother in law is collecting E24 and E28, so I know a bit from his stories. 

I hope you get it repaired, not crushed. 

Be aware that (AFAIK) you are obliged to declare to your current or any future insurer that you have made an insurance claim for the next 5 years, even though it wasn't your fault. I found out the hard way when my old Mondeo was hit by a bus at one of our depots. My employer paid me out a cheque for £350 no bother (the fair value of the car), but then my insurer bumped my premiums for the next two years, so I was pretty much back where I started, only with a cracked bumper on my Mondy that I had to re-gaffer-tape every 6 months.

I would ring your insurer, inform them of the no-fault accident, enquire if / how much they intend to bump your premium for the next 5 years, and add that sum on to your claim from the third party's insurer.

We've been through this both ways and quite rightly as mentioned above, your premium will go up.

I also agree that getting it written off would be the best option in this case, you'll get a decent payout I'm sure and a car of that age there often hidden issues that only show up after a bump.

Screw them for everything you can because they will fit the next few years I'll guarantee it!!!!