Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - It's not what you think!

Six-cylinder

1 hour ago, beko1987 said:

I've got to fly tip some pallets at Winslow allotments en route but will be there in the morning 👍

I've got a finger under bandages though after a small accident this morning, @Six-cylinderdo you have a box of latex gloves rolling around in the range rover I could pinch a few of to stop it getting filthy? 

I will put some in the car, I am planning to use the 230 TE. 

I think I'll need to sit this one out unfortunately as I want to have a look at the Carina's oil strainer this weekend before taking it on a few long journeys on the advice of @Saabnut

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I might end up having to give this one a miss - my hip is currently playing up to the extent that it's painful for me to drive a manual, and all of my automatics are currently broken.

You can rev-match and clutchless change can't you?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Talbot said:

You can rev-match and clutchless change can't you?

he can REV match quite well in-fact :mrgreen:

_MG_6324.jpg

(Photo is @Inspector Morose's from this threads previous pages so thats my excuse for the Invacar post "out of bounds" LOL)

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I can, but that won't be a lot of help if I get stuck in traffic.

Crank on the starter in 1st gear and then you're off.  C'mon... find solutions!

Yes, I've had to do this to get a car with a snapped clutch cable home before now.. several times.  no, i wouldn't actually start a journey like that...

Aiming to pop in for the afternoon depending on traffic driving a sat van back from Kent to Park Royal this morning…

A43B1D4D-D9B7-4824-A5F4-4645F07F866A.jpeg

• Like 3

Didn’t expect this level of £££ vehicle in the Premier Inn Ashford Eureka Park last night. Extra points for the in use roof rack.

D16D3816-18A8-4BB9-B9F4-3CE9CA1C57FD.jpeg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, beko1987 said:

I've got to fly tip some pallets at Winslow allotments en route but will be there in the morning 👍

I've got a finger under bandages though after a small accident this morning, @Six-cylinderdo you have a box of latex gloves rolling around in the range rover I could pinch a few of to stop it getting filthy? 

It is sunny here. 

IMG_20220326_124048.jpg

• Like 9

Actually wound up with a couple of hours free.  Need to go collect some dog food from Walnut Tree but will trundle over for a bit of a catch up with folks once done with that.

• Like 1

You lucky devils! Lovely day for standing round with hands in pockets looking at things. Did think about coming down, but Mrs. Doblo's gone to some sort of musical get together and left me with the dogs. 

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

It is sunny here. 

IMG_20220326_124048.jpg