Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - what date should the next FoD be?

Six-cylinder

Sorry to put this here 6's but as FOD peeps are checking in here. 

I've got a load of stuff to bring for people so will pinch a work van. 

Would people be interested in some consumables if I can get some good prices? 

6pk of  blue rolls £10

10pks of cheap common bulbs couple of £3ish

500ml NK brake cleaner £2.50 a can. 

Like the post if so and I'll arrange some stuff.

I don't profit from this but it might help some shitters out!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Hopefully there won't be a hole in one resulting in it becoming an albatross. 

No, the one with the hole is the Polo... ?

The world now looks a much better place and I have cancelled my order for a new Golf!

For over 11 years now I have been restoring a Peugeot 504 Cabriolet, but the project stalled when it went to a trim shop for a new hood, new carpets and some repairs to the leather seats. In spite of my numerous called to get a finish date to begin with, it was always delayed and in the end I gave up and made an annual call. Neither I nor the trimmers know how long it had been but 5 years seems likely and last week I got a call to say it was ready and could I collect it. Excitement and horror as to where to put it but today it has come home looking beautiful.

What left to do, the Kugelfischer mechanical fuel injection was cleaned and made to run but now will need recommissioning again. I have ordered an exhaust from Germany. Then all brakes, lights etc will need to be checked to bring it upto MOT standard.

IMG_20200819_103354 broad.jpg

IMG_20200819_102152 broad.jpg

IMG_20200819_102306 broad.jpg

IMG_20200819_102910 broad.jpg

IMG_20200819_104156 broad.jpg

IMG_20200819_140404 broad.jpg

i was gonna pop down

but

working till lunch on sat :(

dont fancy 3 hours on the bike in a southerly wind - dont wanna use the car as itll take longer - weather bit off also - i was looking at train and rent but all the mk places are half day on a sat what kinda bolox is that - and a hertz renta a van is by the hour and they charge mileage (exorbitent) (still cheaper than a taxi)

shame as i had some prime tat i was thinking of buying and bringing with me :D

not happy

12 minutes ago, egg said:

Ever thought about getting your own car transporter Chris? ...

6cyl already has transporters. They're called "fellow shiters".

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

The world now looks a much better place and I have cancelled my order for a new Golf!

For over 11 years now I have been restoring a Peugeot 504 Cabriolet, but the project stalled when it went to a trim shop for a new hood, new carpets and some repairs to the leather seats. In spite of my numerous called to get a finish date to begin with, it was always delayed and in the end I gave up and made an annual call. Neither I nor the trimmers know how long it had been but 5 years seems likely and last week I got a call to say it was ready and could I collect it. Excitement and horror as to where to put it but today it has come home looking beautiful.

What left to do, the Kugelfischer mechanical fuel injection was cleaned and made to run but now will need recommissioning again. I have ordered an exhaust from Germany. Then all brakes, lights etc will need to be checked to bring it upto MOT standard.

IMG_20200819_103354 broad.jpg

IMG_20200819_102152 broad.jpg

IMG_20200819_102306 broad.jpg

IMG_20200819_102910 broad.jpg

IMG_20200819_104156 broad.jpg

IMG_20200819_140404 broad.jpg

That’s a very pretty car.

17 minutes ago, egg said:

Ever thought about getting your own car transporter Chris? Harry Metcalfe has one for his bunch of old tat*, and seems a good idea...

I saw that on his lambo collection yesterday - £5k for a truck as opposed to £25k for a barwell trailer.

edit, this is someone who has paid £45,000 for an engine rebuild though, so not sure he’s entirely to be trusted.

17 minutes ago, Floatylight said:

Planning on coming down tomorrow with SmollestFL, SmollFL may well drive down to join us on Saturday after work, what time will you be getting there @catsinthewelder? Will the gate be open?

Should be open, but if not we will use the combination locks set to the usual Autoshite number.

If you can't remember the number PM me.

• Like 1

I have been out in the 406 today, just 10 miles and the temp gauge started climbing over 90° C. I know now, this was a self inflicked panic! Oil  temp on a low power diesel pretty coupe.

Because Autoshite, I bought this with the EML light on, does anybody who is coming over the weekend have code reader for a 2002 406 2.2 HDi?

IMG_20200820_110849 broad.jpg

IMG_20200820_121317 broad.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

I have been out in the 406 today, just 10 miles and the temp gauge started climbing over 90° C. I know now, this was a self inflicked panic! Oil  temp on a low power diesel pretty coupe.

Because Autoshite, I bought this with the EML light on, does anybody who is coming over the weekend have code reader for a 2002 406 2.2 HDi?

IMG_20200820_110849 broad.jpg

IMG_20200820_121317 broad.jpg

I'll have a cheapy bluetooth one with me

• Like 1

Funny you should ask that. EML came on on daughter's Hyundai Getz so I ordered a cheap Chinese OBDII reader from Ebay. Self-contained one with a two-line LCD display as can't be doing with all this Bluetooth / WiFi to a mobile phone nonsense. Arrived yesterday and managed to diagnose the problem with it (misfire on number #1 cylinder) and clear the fault code. Replaced cylinder #1 spark plug with a used one from when they were last changed until I can get a new set. Will bring it to the FoD at the weekend and we can try it on your Pug.

• Like 2

Because PSA you'll probably not get far with a generic code reader.  You'll really need Lexia/Diagbox to get any useful information most likely unless it's a really basic generic code.  Sadly not equipment I own (not yet anyway).

• Like 2

With a heavy heart I may have to give this a miss. My grandmother who raised me since my mum died is in a really bad way and just my luck being 100 mile from home she will get even worse. Shes already stopped breathing once today and ambulance was here for 3 hours. Shes unresponsive now too and I'm rather upset over it all

As it seemed to peak an interest.

I've Lobbed some stuff together and sorted some good prices.

Jubilee clip 100pc kits, k seal, h7/h4/380/382/501 bulbs in trade packs, 100zb batterys. Dot4 1ltrs, 500ml brake cleaner, petrol injector cleaner, mannol lubricant spray.  Many 6 pks of blue roll. 

May find some other bits.

Cheap/trade/shitters prices/bargains.

Bring cash!

• Like 6

All  being well I should be at FoD for about 6 tomorrow afternoon. Van has stove and kettle and fresh gas cylinder

Terrible bad news Bub, I'm sure many Shiters will be thinking of you

My friends trying to get his eml reader working with his project BMW and smart cars. 

We chucked it in the xsara last night and torque found it but couldn't connect to the ecu, carly just did nothing... 

If we do get someone turn up with the proper kit I'll be 2nd in line for a plug in and check over!