Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

LewjZoc.jpg

Fantastic.

I really like this sort of thing.

Any one know Russian? Don't know car technical details.

http://carakoom.com/blog/15897

The basic gist of the story translated here ↓

https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/reinventing-the-wheel-belarus-artist-still-driving-his-home-made-soviet-car-44290

or google "Russian home made car 1968" if anyone can be bothered.

• Like 3

^^ That rear arch shape.

0SCzYWE.jpg

Get Kowalski-ski.

Dodge were late to the game introducing this shape of car for 1970.

Good try Dodge, but where's your sliding doors eh? No cigar but your secret's safe with us.

Feckin shower of chancers.

• Like 1

That's exactly what it was. Convertible SUVs are a thing now, don't ask why as I haven't the faintest idea.

It's one of those cars I do know exists but wish I didn't. Have the eye bleach at the ready before looking at this picture.

rrevoqueconvladraftnd021-1.jpg

It’s so desirable in cabriolet form that owners are trying to convert them on the cheap.

post-9282-0-88093300-1524761516_thumb.jpeg

• Like 9

What's this ?attachicon.gifv1.jpg

Anyone know ? It's really bugging me. It'd gone by the time I'd went back for a second look.

There's a bit of Spitfire and Fiat 124 Spyder in there, maybe it's a kitcar ? It looked too "right" for a kitcar though.

I guess everyone knew about this one apart from me, but I saw a Mercedes Vaneo a month back and didn’t know it existed.

It looks like an very early A class with a sliding door on the side, I can’t imagine there’s many about.post-9282-0-28536600-1525125011_thumb.jpeg

Don't know how it escaped my attention (other than because it's very uninteresting), but I've just seen a 

20130224_chevrolet_trax_2.jpg

Looks like a next gen Mokka, which we probably won't get now PSA call the shots

I guess everyone knew about this one apart from me, but I saw a Mercedes Vaneo a month back and didn’t know it existed.

It looks like an very early A class with a sliding door on the side, I can’t imagine there’s many about.attachicon.gifEEA35EF5-5428-422B-BEBD-4D74003F44E2.jpeg

Vaneos were utter shit and most are dead now for very good reason. A friend's parents had one as a family car, they all hated it and it was constantly falling apart, worse than early Citroen C3s for build quality.

• Like 2

Vaneos were utter shit and most are dead now for very good reason.

I was trying not to let my utter contempt for the early A class to colour my opinion of the Vaneo. Thanks for saving me the effort! :)

Same platform as the Mokka. 

Mokka is also badged as the Buick Encore.

It's a current generation Mokka underneath, they were sold here alongside the Mokka for a year or two before Chevrolet withdrew from the UK market.

On a related note, Vauxhall now offer the Korean descended Mokka X and the PSA based Crossland X both of which seem to be competing for a similar customer.

Old gen fiesta with current gen style face? Seems stingy to me. Why not just give them the current version? Granted they're probably not so different anyway.....

Kia. Pride. Pickup.

*faints*

I remember reading about that Z24 on Jalopnik a while back. They are indeed very cool.

That Z24 is like a pick-up Canyonero. I want one. The Shooka not so much although the interior looks to have a high velour content for a working vehicle.

I guess because Iran has 80m people, they can sustain their own home grown* industry.

I hadn't realised until today that the 'pretty' 3 door Mazda 323 was sold in Australia as the Ford 'Laser-Lynx'

1200px-1995_Ford_Laser_%28KJ%29_Lynx_3-d