Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

LewjZoc.jpg

Fantastic.

I really like this sort of thing.

Any one know Russian? Don't know car technical details.

http://carakoom.com/blog/15897

The basic gist of the story translated here ↓

https://themoscowtimes.com/articles/reinventing-the-wheel-belarus-artist-still-driving-his-home-made-soviet-car-44290

or google "Russian home made car 1968" if anyone can be bothered.

That's exactly what it was. Convertible SUVs are a thing now, don't ask why as I haven't the faintest idea.

It's one of those cars I do know exists but wish I didn't. Have the eye bleach at the ready before looking at this picture.

rrevoqueconvladraftnd021-1.jpg

It’s so desirable in cabriolet form that owners are trying to convert them on the cheap.

post-9282-0-88093300-1524761516_thumb.jpeg

I guess everyone knew about this one apart from me, but I saw a Mercedes Vaneo a month back and didn’t know it existed.

It looks like an very early A class with a sliding door on the side, I can’t imagine there’s many about.attachicon.gifEEA35EF5-5428-422B-BEBD-4D74003F44E2.jpeg

Vaneos were utter shit and most are dead now for very good reason. A friend's parents had one as a family car, they all hated it and it was constantly falling apart, worse than early Citroen C3s for build quality.

Looks like a next gen Mokka, which we probably won't get now PSA call the shots

It's a current generation Mokka underneath, they were sold here alongside the Mokka for a year or two before Chevrolet withdrew from the UK market.

On a related note, Vauxhall now offer the Korean descended Mokka X and the PSA based Crossland X both of which seem to be competing for a similar customer.