ebay 'BARGAINS'

Mr_Bo11ox

Old PurpleHelmet's been busy on his used car lot:

$T2eC16ZHJIYE9qUcOu,eBQDtn6KCFw~~_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-P100-Pop ... 0777354125

NEW YEAR SALE!!!! REDUCED BY £1000 TO JUST £5000!!!!! HURRY HURRY!

$(KGrHqF,!icFDLrhIitNBQzwJyS-m!~~_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Go ... 0966696258

'BARNFIND GOLF GTI! JUST £2000!

Mk 1 1983 One of the very first gti and the one that every collector wants

Thats right - one of the very first, as they hardly built any in the preceding 8 years of production

$T2eC16RHJIQE9qUHsjdPBQvcYZkwmg~~_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Morris ... 0916180676

Can't believe no-one has snapped this up for just £3000, its only done 200,000 miles FFS

Has he sold anything lately? Lets check his feedback:

Neutral: Sent wrong bike! Left it to me to get it back from other buyer!!!

Well thats the customer service you have a right to when dealing with top-end traders like these. thats why you deal with them innit. :lol::roll:

What's really pathetic is most of his stock seems to have been bought on ebay, so he buys a car.......triples the price.....and then expects people to pay £3000 this week for a car they wouldn't pay £1000 for last week........cock juggling thunder cunt.

did a little digging on purplehelmet, it seems he's moved from

The Stables,Carver Hey Farm, Moss Lane, Little Hoole, Preston, PR4 4SX

and has very deep pockets

see also:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/user/ccts2933/38/

http://acorntradingnorthwest.co.uk/finance.asp

24 hour National Recovery Service Call Geoff - 07554455450

all of the above suggests he's not 'dabbling'

That forum really is such a load of toss, isn't it.

Isn't this a bit like going into Asda, and telling them how unhappy you are that Tescos have horsemeat in thier burgers? I couldn't give a toss what happens on there. I don't subscribe to it. If I wanted to give a toss, I would go become a registered user. But I don't, so I haven't. I might stick my head round the door occasionally when someone plops a link on here, but that's it.

You can say what you like about R-R, the for sale board is excellent. You get all sorts of good stuff coming up on there, and they manage it so that thick people who omit the most basic info like a price and location, get their ad booted till they sort it out. So theres no half-arsed ads on there ("Just testing the water.....") at all.

Although it's surprising how many people fail to grasp the simple rules of advertising even though there is a whopping great sticky at the top. I do find it good for buying (although have had little luck selling) but I can never find anything to contribute to the General board, since there are very few actual discussions and more endless picture threads

If you really do want mind-numbing levels of utter stupidity then I advise you visit the balanced and informed debates on Pistonheads instead. Their Scottish independence thread is cutting running at 434 pages and counting, for instance, and that they have a sub-forum called "News, Politics & Economics" fundamentally, well, it's not even worth investigating what content ends up there...

Purple Headed Womb Broom is quite clearly never likely to be getting much richer, much quicker with his prices, but I'm not sure if we're worrying too much about him here. If he's trying to knock out stuff for 5 times it value, he'll have to find out the hard way at some point.

I bet the people he bought the cars off aren't complaining, so I'm not sure he actually deserves being called a c*nt or whatever.

From the photos it looks like he has a big house and garden and it rather amateurishly dabbling in the used car world.

The Farm house itself hasn't changed ownership since 2001, so likelyhood is that it is rented. Likewise, the plot, as the outbuilding are listed as other firms' premises.

Still, 'Geoff' is living my dream, so I'll sit back and observe with my green-eyed monster.

Coming to a bankruptcy hearing near you. Probably.

At first glance, this doesn't look too bad for £325. Yes it's rotten as a pear, but old commercials do make good money these days.

$T2eC16ZHJIQE9qUHuEZ+BQDG0olPmg~~60_58.JPG

Then you read the listing and discover that the starting bid isn't for the whole truck (or what's left of it), but just the cattle pen on the back - i.e. a few bits of old plywood nailed together and with the paint flaking off. I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that the number of people in the UK who own a J4 pickup and are after a scruffy cattle pen to put on the back is somewhere between zero and none, and the number willing to pay £325 for the privilege is even lower.

Exterior is 90%, to be perfect it would require 2 wings and a sill (but would mint then)

with a full 12m mot

Anybody else notice that? Needs a sill but has a full MOT? Sounds dodgy to me...

I presume he means a new sill to make it mint, but the current one passed the MOT?

splatthefat wrote:

Exterior is 90%, to be perfect it would require 2 wings and a sill (but would mint then)

with a full 12m mot

Anybody else notice that? Needs a sill but has a full MOT? Sounds dodgy to me...

I presume he means a new sill to make it mint, but the current one passed the MOT?

Quite possibly, but if it's so bad that it needs replacing rather than rubbing down and painting then surely it shouldn't have passed?

Re this -

8388725045_ac99e20b78.jpg

Overpriced or not and regardless of what anyone on RR thinks, it sold within three days apparently.

Whilst its more than I would pay there is a market for very, very good condition cars of this type even when they are seemingly very expensive. But I suppose if you want a good one and have the money then its worth it...?