The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

It's a difficult decision ref the Lambretta, totally agree with what you've said. Ordered a replacement kick start shaft for Frankie Bumnet, no sign of V5  yet though. 

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

I have been offered this for £110 as a field bike, starts and run. What do you think?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/422516898591198/?ref=messenger_banner

Field bike 125.jpg

Unless you have a field to ride it in I wouldn't bother, even if you had a field you'd probably be bored after 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, Six-cylinder said:

I have been offered this for £110 as a field bike, starts and run. What do you think?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/422516898591198/?ref=messenger_banner

If it starts and runs someone will probably give you £150-£175 for it.

On 6/16/2019 at 10:04 PM, They_all_do_that_sir said:

Gilera DNA 125 is the closest thing I can think of, but they are getting on a wee bit now.ad1709e13257cb2e077c66dbb5b05f50.jpg

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

I had the 200cc version as a commuter bike a few years ago. It wasn’t a bad old thing but having only ever ridden ‘normal bikes’ I struggled with brake layout a bit.

I'd forgotten about DNAs they looked the dogs danglies to a me as a teenager. 

I guess the idea died at the same time as 'sports' mopeds did with the demise of 2t 125s. (I was under the impression most of them with 180 engines were in things with a v5 saying 125)

Definitely still would as a fun second bike for nipping about. Possibly not at the prices they are currently at, and fuck knows where you'd get plastics for something ridden and crashed exclusively by spotty oiks when they were new. 

20190617_162058.thumb.jpg.6f65883bd87a3d35ebe5d8dd883f2dbd.jpg

Luggage racks and boxes fitted, extra sockets,sat nav bar,intercoms and scottoiler sorted out,. Ferry's booked for September and I'm excited already- been 6 years since "doing the continent" on two wheels.

I bloody love this wee bike- it's totally given me my Mojo back and I'm throwing it around like a 'crosser, even in the streaming rain. I'm out at every opportunity,whatever the weather. Glen Lyon today.

20190620_141227.jpg

Just got this message..

Hi I hope you don't mind me contacting you I spotted your listing and instantly recognized your bike as one of our demo bikes from Coburn And Hughes who were the importers at the time. The photo shows the bike with its sister bike at the docks somewhere after the bosses had a blast across Europe, extra little bit of history for whoever's buys it. Good luck with the sale.
Kind regards Stuart

guzzi2.jpg

Hi guys as promised a few pics of my Jawa 350 TS 638 that's up for sale, it has a new battery fitted and has just been recommissioned after a 10 year lay up. Engine was rebuilt in 2006 along with some other repairs at a cost of over £1400. Speedo was replaced in 2004 and zeroed. She has done very few miles, due bereavement, although she was regularly MOT'd and placed on sorn. New MOT that expires 20.06.2020 , please remember she is  30 years old. Lots of old bills and paperwork. Selling as I have a lot of other JAWAS and CZ's that need my attention and I can't ride em all. Looking for around £975 and open to sensible offers. Cheers for looking, ooh nearly forgot may be able to deliver as long as it's not outer mongolia , just cover my fuel.

IMG_20190623_161946.jpg

IMG_20190623_162002.jpg

IMG_20190623_162017.jpg

Hey Frogchod, I just don't have anymore room tbh. 

What else have I got? Hmm CZ 175 TRAIL X 4   CZ 250 TWIN X 2 one of which is the "custom" model with fibre glass panels. CZ 250 single X2  , CZ 125 s from 1975 to 1982 I think there are 5 of those, CZ 175 D/L 1976 to 1989 4 of those? Jawa 350 oilmaster X 2   Jawa 350 TS X2   IZH 350 1978, IZH 350 1991,  1985 CZ 350....... just a few, can't help myself I should have some therapy I think. SORRY GUYS BIKE IS NOW SOLD

On 6/19/2019 at 5:48 PM, Bfg said:

2k is also sold in rattle cans such as this HB BodyPro < here >  @ £19.25 / ltr.  Other brands specifically claim petrol resistant like ProXL < here >  @£60 / ltr.  

Would the lesser expensive one not work better than the 'petrol resistant' single pack paints from the likes of Halfords ? ?

Regarding drying / hardening the paint..  I'm quite happy for the fuel tank, once painted black and then lacquered, to sit inside my dark coloured Chrysler van, parked in the sun for a week or two. What's that 25 deg C for 5 hours a day, cycling cool overnight.. for let's say 10 - 12 days. 

EDIT.   It seems as if  " 2k "  is a misnomer with some manufacturers (such as HB BodyPro)  who are using it for air drying single pack paints. !

Thanks to Jazoli  for your advice..

My attempts to repaint the petrol tank  < here >

Bfg