Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

13 hours ago, Andrew353w said:

I spotted this superb Nissan at the end of my road yesterday evening; it sports dealer plates-the genuine AFG (Associated Finance Group) ones, a cassette player and (wait for it...) a rack for holding cassettes in boxes! The paintwork has a delightful patina  and it's in regular use-a perfect Autoshite car!

IMG_2753.jpeg

IMG_2752.jpeg

IMG_2754.jpeg

A small world again!

I'd actually popped up to Bedfordshire after work in the Capri, so I left the Bluebird there whilst I did so. I'm using it quite a bit this month to mop up some of the miles as the Mondeo will be doing a few longer trips.

Fuel economy pants mind, and it'll fall foul of the extended ULEZ in a year and a bit but...

Just now, N19 said:

Absolutely! The centre box on the Bluebirds is a little low, so you can screw a cassette holder to it and it doesn't get in the way.

Glad to hear that you're still enjoying it. Was a class little unit but my Sony cassette (w/CD changer) quickly displaced it. :)

15 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

I've no seen a Suzuki Baloney in ages. :)

Likewise.  At least it's an estate.

We had one of the shape before that through the garage which just *looked* like it had been penned to be a saloon or estate - it was an honest surprise when I walked far enough past and found it was a hatchback...it just looked downright strange.  Like someone had literally just taken a guillotine to a saloon and not tweaked anything else to suit.

Wasn't a bad driving little thing though...just looked horrifically awkward.

11 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Likewise.  At least it's an estate.

We had one of the shape before that through the garage which just *looked* like it had been penned to be a saloon or estate - it was an honest surprise when I walked far enough past and found it was a hatchback...it just looked downright strange.  Like someone had literally just taken a guillotine to a saloon and not tweaked anything else to suit.

Wasn't a bad driving little thing though...just looked horrifically awkward.

Do they use the same body shell as an Impreza wagon?

It's taken me eleven years to upload this picture, but here's a seemingly functional Rover dealer/workshop taken in 2011. Presumably there was nobody in Budleigh Salterton representing Roewe to claim the IP back, plus the geriatric locals couldn't bear to part with Auntie Rover so the dealer didn't tell them they'd gone bust.

Rover Budleigh Salterton.jpg

Spotted in Sandwich today. A lovely Bedford CA van. I think the Dunlop decals were added more recently, but the paintwork looked original judging by how dull it was and the van looked really solid. The seats had been replaced by Jaguar seats according to the owner, but the van was mainly original.

IMG_2753.thumb.JPG.03a1f8d2284114b69fb4828e05588d0a.JPG

IMG_2752.JPG

IMG_2751.JPG

IMG_2750.JPG