Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

Hmmmm...DVLA has the Jaaag down as a  1978 XJ6. It's not a cheap kit...is it an expensive recreation? The covered headlamps + black rocker-switch dash don't go together. Is it a Lynx type recreation? Or some such. Very convincing...or is it just a whole lot of old Jags put together? The stance and wheelbase looks right.

30 minutes ago, lesapandre said:

Being an anorak - I think it may be a bisa...it looked like an amalgamation but I may be wrong...I am sure someone will know whether it is a MKI etc. It smelt of hot metal and oil...

Good skills sir. Looks like a Series 1 to me except the windscreen surround should be chrome... but the DVLA MOT checker says it’s a 1978 XJ6.

23 hours ago, Skizzer said:

Good skills sir. Looks like a Series 1 to me except the windscreen surround should be chrome... but the DVLA MOT checker says it’s a 1978 XJ6.

Its a Challenger. A very close E type replica kit launched in 1986 on a spaceframe backbone chassis. The first cars used a complete XJ6 including its standard wider rear axle and therefore had flared rear wheel arches - which kind of spoilt the illusion. On later cars like this one they supplied narrow rear axles on exchange, to make them near as damn a doppelganger for the real thing. 

They weren't made for that long - I think the early to mid nineties were when the last cars were produced. Due to the rise of prices of the real things, a well built Challenger will today set you back around 30k. 

_20190827_164254.JPG

12 minutes ago, Braddon81 said:

Its a Challenger. A very close E type replica kit launched in 1986 on a spaceframe backbone chassis. The first cars used a complete XJ6 including its standard wider rear axle and therefore had flared rear wheel arches - which kind of spoilt the illusion. On later cars like this one they supplied narrow rear axles on exchange, to make them near as damn a doppelganger for the real thing. 

They weren't made for that long - I think the early to mid nineties were when the last cars were produced. Due to the rise of prices of the real things, a well built Challenger will today set you back around 30k. 

_20190827_164254.JPG

....and there's an Owners' Club....

An interesting Mini van.  K series engine. Aren't they shite ? or am I thinking of summat else.

I have seen a mini van with a 3.5 v8 in the back at Santa Pod, built by a bricky, that, as you can

imagine, was faster than a scalded rat. This probably does alright with 150 horse. Still registered

as 848cc. Blimey ! 150bhp from 848cc. 

DSC00557.JPG

DSC00558.JPG

DSC00559.JPG