Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

Left work early today because Emma Beast from East OMG.   Unfortunately so did 300 other people, grid-locking the only route home.   Fuck that, I left the Fiesta at work and started the four mile tramp home in the snow.   Got to the flyover at the end of the M271 and saw that it had been coned off, forcing all westbound traffic onto the M271 roundabout which barely copes on a warm Tuesday at 4 am.   

I thought it was to stop vehicles coming to a halt on the slippery slope, but no.   Something had failed to start at the traffic light on the other side of the flyover and was abandoned to the elements...

post-5367-0-44741600-1519934644_thumb.jpg  

Hope it didn't ruin her day....

Left work early today because Emma Beast from East OMG.   Unfortunately so did 300 other people, grid-locking the only route home.   Fuck that, I left the Fiesta at work and started the four mile tramp home in the snow.   Got to the flyover at the end of the M271 and saw that it had been coned off, forcing all westbound traffic onto the M271 roundabout which barely copes on a warm Tuesday at 4 am.   

I thought it was to stop vehicles coming to a halt on the slippery slope, but no.   Something had failed to start at the traffic light on the other side of the flyover and was abandoned to the elements...

attachicon.gifDSC_0000017.jpg  

Hope it didn't ruin her day....

Like a Duchess in the snow

We may be running out of gas and the world may be ending but carspotting continues. Citroen HY in the distance in S. London. At one time this was gambolling through the lavender fields of Provence loaded with fruit driven by Monsieur Jacques in a beret - now its propping up an 'artisan' coffee company in downtown badass Lewisham. Makes you want to cry and set it free like a caged bird.

This is really bothering me, too. You can't move in certain parts of London or Brighton these days without tripping over a crepe stall in an H van. Where did they all come from?

I might* have kicked off about this elsewhere on here but I am getting mighty chuffed off with this steampunk, beardy hipster bollocks of using old commercial vehicles to peddle their ridiculous non-coffee and panini flapjack rubbish.   People who genuinely enjoy and cherish shit old vans are having to pay beardy hipster prices for anything and conversely folk who have made their living from selling refreshments from PROPER old shit like FGs, smiley Transits and Renault Masters are being pushed out of the game on festival and autojumble sites.   Stick yer fakkin skinny-chocmocha-tastic-latte up yer arse beardy.   And no, I don't want a maple chocolate fucking wand with it either.....

Seems every hip coffee outfit sees it necessary to crucify an old HY. The lucky ones (the HY's not the coffee sellers) still drive about and are cared for, the less lucky are trailered to pitches or fixed - ie not driving about - one like that at Paddington and a couple in Kings Cross. These latter ones are really being left to rot. Several companies convert them - lots on the web for silly money. Like all this hipster stuff a chill economic wind will probably weed them out - but hope the vans survive the beating they are getting. HY's are still about in France for about half the price of UK.

Yum!

Is that a local spot?

There’s a purple velvet mk3 round here somewhere running on slot mags.

Yup, taken outside the cinema in Port Solent yesterday afternoon.

I was in a rush so didn't see what wheels it was on, but the chance of there being 2 local purple velvet mk3s is pretty slim.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk