Base Model Hearses

Joseph

Loved reading through this thread, some real "WTF were they thinking? FFS" moments. I also liked the Montego version a little too much! BUT disappointing lack of Ovlov content! I am a confirmed Hearse botherer and i'll just leave this here...

UT7ALXZh.png

From Shitefest '19. My '88 ovlov 740 2.0 8v n/a base hearse, soon to be 2.3 HPT turbo with 531 head 😎 It has been very useful, moved house using just this, done several tip trips (isn't a 'commercial' so no charge, woop woop!), festivals and a tonne or more of garden mulch amongst much else. Very versatile veehickle.

• 3 months later...

This has a 2.0 pinto,steel wheels and hubcaps,but not quite base as it also has such decadence as electric windows,electric mirrors,central locking,and an autobox.

No power steering though.

Still a crap vehicle for your last journey🤣

20220307_130308.jpg.1abbfa5976c92037dfe7ac043ef2668c.jpg

• Like 3

Going by the smallish wheel size/ ride height, I'd have said Transit rather than A Series as well.

I'd love to know what that gothic fever-dream on the back is made of - is the coffin bed and canopy carved wood, or glassfibre?

• 2 months later...
On 14/07/2022 at 18:29, 808 Estate said:

The Mini tail lights on the hearse are probably worth a few quid as well.

EFA.

In other news: HOW FECKIN MUCH??!?

On 08/05/2022 at 10:46, bicycle repairman said:

something strange and wrong about it but wouldent mind being my last ride in it lol

I wondered what happened to Lady Penelope’s original Roller, cut and shut with a traveller's pick up.

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2022 at 6:20 AM, Tomtation said:

Loved reading through this thread, some real "WTF were they thinking? FFS" moments. I also liked the Montego version a little too much! BUT disappointing lack of Ovlov content! I am a confirmed Hearse botherer and i'll just leave this here...

UT7ALXZh.png

From Shitefest '19. My '88 ovlov 740 2.0 8v n/a base hearse, soon to be 2.3 HPT turbo with 531 head 😎 It has been very useful, moved house using just this, done several tip trips (isn't a 'commercial' so no charge, woop woop!), festivals and a tonne or more of garden mulch amongst much else. Very versatile veehickle.

I’d have to try taking that to the tip with an empty coffin, dressed in the suit and peaked cap and asking one of the staff to give you a lift into the wood recycling dumpster...