(Another) Maestro for sale 1994 2.0 TD Clubman £600 Shiters Price £400

theorganist

I thought it was a butterfly in the inlet?

Actually thinking about it it was called an anti-shudder or something, worked with the fuel stop to cut the engine gently.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

As others have said, once it has started running on engine oil, the stop solenoid just doesn't come into play. In effect, you've bypassed that part of the fuel system. Disco TD5s do it when fuel leaks into the sump, pushing the oil level up to sufficient levels that it gets sucked into the turbo.

Yeah, but I'm sure the anti shudder was on the air inlet, not fuel. Separate from the fuel stop solenoid, it stops the car from spluttering to a halt.

I know depressing the plunger when it was running would stall the engine

Edit: here it is....

runawayengine.jpg

What causes the clatter,and can it be/does ITF need fixing? What mpgs can I expect? Your not too far away...Well wh

Well when I say clatter I mean the term generically. It is quite a noisy engine but more so when cold. From my memories of my previous one and from comments made this seems to be normal. It literally lasts seconds and is fine when warmed up. It is not particularly noisy when cruising. I will try and take a video tomorrow of it.

I haven't really done any calculations as I have driven it very little (why I need to go down to two cars) but you should get MPG in the 50.

Peter