Well, that was unexpected.

fatharris

f1633fed52a601fab135ae3c5ab24415.jpg

This was unexpected because I threw in a low bid on Tuesday, expecting to be outdone, and promptly forgot all about it.

On Sunday, my phone bleeped. I was the winner. My emotions cycled from confusion into blind, pant-wetting panic. You see, I had completely forgotten to let MrsH know I had bid on a car we didn't need. Now, I was going to have to explain that not only had I bid on a car, I had won.

After much justified anger on her part, we agreed that I would buy it, I am a man of my word after all. This turned out to be trickier than expected, with me being in Cornwall, and the car in Northampton.

So, I've finished work for the day now, I've grabbed my pre-packed bag:

88b3828bc695ba20be04a573fed73751.jpg

Ordered my train tickets and collected them from the station:

202080952916e8cfe9dd5695e016144b.jpg

And in a minute, I'll put the dog in his room, lock the house up and go for a walk to the train station. I have packed two spare batteries with the phone so I'll keep this thread updated.

Are you there yet?!!

At least 280 miles away with a changeover in Plymouth and London. I bloody hate London. Originally from Plymouth though, so every cloud and that. I'll actually pass a house I used to rent years ago which backed onto the railway line. With single glazing, that made for many sleepless nights.

Well at least your trousers wont fall down.

Is it an french car?

You say that, but I forgot to put a belt on, and with my recent weight loss, my jeans keep slipping down so I had to incorporate a belt loop around the button!

Anyway, my carriage awaits!

ca9a288dfe32d15b2955388b27d7d283.jpg

6132bdd3edc1cdca5cba80858a79536b.jpg

First book. Facing backwards though, boo. At least I can charge the phone so I'm laughing!