Incoming

Essex V6

If only VW had done a proper GTI version of this.  Think they never quite went all in on it?  (for fear of it robbing sales of the Golf GTI perhaps? Or certainly the worry of it potentially out-performing the golf in handling etc etc).  Interested to see how you get on with it - bet it feels quite modern and it'll go really well.  Just needs a tad more power perhaps?  Nice purchase FFS :)

• Like 2

They did  gti in name at some point as I had an A reg one. Then a few years later had a C reg GTX.

Awesome cars, really loved mine. 

Yours looks great. One of the best colours as well.

The Scirocco Scala used the GTI's 8 valve fuel injected engine so i suppose that was the GTI model. Had an all white Scala and loved it, great cars.

Makes my heart glad when people knock moderns on the head and go back to old cars. If its not 20 years + old or more, then you are just driving a modern to my eyes.

I remember my drama teacher having 2 successive Scirocco's when i was at school - I liked them so much better than anything else VW ever made  

This website needs more Sciroccos.

That looks clean. Well bought.

I have boxes and boxes of spares (lots of interior trim) if you end up needing something.

• Like 2

That looks clean as a pin - lovely! 

I still find it bizarre that the very first Corrados were on an F plate yet Volkswagen kept the Scirocco going until K plate. 

Never noticed it before but these have a proper ‘Audi coupe/quattro’ look about them from the rear quarter 

IMG_3525.thumb.jpeg.dd2c5654b5eb1a10a434e50abcbec741.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Must have been well loved to survive that well up here.  Definitely a car that looks more stylish each passing year.

Here’s my old 1.8 GT. Was a piece of shit but kept on going. Had major issues with rot so ended up giving up on it. Was a brilliant car though. Would definitely have another!

yours looks lovely, must be a very late one being a K reg? I’m sure the Corrado was out by then. 

IMG_3689.jpeg

IMG_3687.jpeg

Great cars these. I was looking for a Mk2 Storm years back, a mechanic mate put me off by saying they lacked headroom. A few years later my brother bought a lesser model and I found fitted in it just fine, loved driving it when I had the chance.

It wasn't all bad listening to my mate, I ended up with a grey Mk1 Golf Gti Campaign instead.

I always thought the Scirocco could’ve done with powered steering after having a Mk2 16V. 
My experience with the Scirocco timeline was odd too. I had a late 80s fuel injected model and my next was an early 90s carb. 
I felt like I was going backwards in terms of tech. 
Great cars though and the Corrado should have carried the name on imo, especially as it looked like a modern Mk1. 

VR6 would be penguin piss cool in one of these 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Or a scirrocco with the Rallye running gear in it - unstoppable.  A friend in Belgium had one and I've memories of him drifting around one of the cities (forget which one) on the cobbles back in 1991.  It was his mum's (they were v v wealthy) and she used it for shopping trips (barely run in when i was in it).

That’s lovely - on the BBS alloys it’s really really up there on the list of cars I’d love to have.  

That's a cracking colour.  We went to the national Scirocco meet in ours about 10 years ago. There were just 54 cars and no-one spoke to me.  I'm going again this year!

On 23/04/2024 at 12:55, bezzabsa said:

VR6 would be penguin piss cool in one of these 

One of the best sounding engines of all time, but having experienced how much they ruin the handling of a mk2 golf, I dread to think what it'd do to a Scirocco. 

message-editor_1618358159047-vr6scirocco.jpg.01e7352aa89ca4f748a9c30805c81a38.jpg

That's a big lump in front of the axle line. 

On 23/04/2024 at 09:38, Coprolalia said:

This website needs more Sciroccos.

That looks clean. Well bought.

I have boxes and boxes of spares (lots of interior trim) if you end up needing something.

Cheers - the first thing I will be looking for is an interior rear view mirror

On 23/04/2024 at 10:25, cort1977 said:

Must have been well loved to survive that well up here.  Definitely a car that looks more stylish each passing year.

It was off the road for best part of 15 years which no doubt helped!

7 hours ago, barefoot said:

That's a cracking colour.  We went to the national Scirocco meet in ours about 10 years ago. There were just 54 cars and no-one spoke to me.  I'm going again this year!

When/where is it?

Lovely

Remember spending much happy time in a brown storm.

Gzongenflatch

9 hours ago, bangernomics said:

Lovely

Remember spending much happy time in a brown storm.

Euphemism? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2