Shiny new/ old incoming - delivery.

MrsJuular

12 hours ago, juular said:

I notice this thread is severely lacking in poo count.

Well, there was definitely two when I found out that the front tyres on the Ami were at 15psi and 58psi.

"Oh shit that's a bit soft, and the tyre is a bit warm."

"Oh shit that's about to explode!"

Other than very nearly running out of fuel on the last stint (and being very glad I was carrying an additional 50L of veg) it was a fairly uneventful tow.  But possibly the longest A-frame I've done in one go.  340 miles in about 8hrs.  60mph limit (rigidly adhered to) and three stops.

Also got a very odd look from an AA van bloke at one of the stops who was using a front-axle-lift tow on a car.  It was a "how in the whart now?" sort of look.

2 hours ago, Talbot said:

Well, there was definitely two when I found out that the front tyres on the Ami were at 15psi and 58psi.

Other than very nearly running out of fuel on the last stint (and being very glad I was carrying an additional 50L of veg) it was a fairly uneventful tow.  But possibly the longest A-frame I've done in one go.  340 miles in about 8hrs.  60mph limit (rigidly adhered to) and three stops.

Also got a very odd look from an AA van bloke at one of the stops who was using a front-axle-lift tow on a car.  It was a "how in the whart now?" sort of look.

Longest A frame job I did was from Egremont to Brierley hill in a series 3 2 1/4 diesel , SWB land rover with a 1989 landrover 90 on the back...196 miles at 40mph  ears were ringing for 3 days!!

On 13/01/2024 at 10:05, Talbot said:

Other than very nearly running out of fuel on the last stint (and being very glad I was carrying an additional 50L of veg) it was a fairly uneventful tow.  But possibly the longest A-frame I've done in one go.  340 miles in about 8hrs. 

You, sir, are a legend!