❗❗🚨 Major Autoshite Server Maintenance and Downtime - Completed 🚨❗❗

SiC

6 minutes ago, SiC said:

Welcome back!

If you can read this then the migration is done and you're on the new server. The search is currently rebuilding, so you may find that doesn't work quite right. Usually that takes a day to complete. Please let me know if anything isn't working properly or anything appears missing (especially email notifications). 

A fresh backup is currently running which will drive the server quite hard. That'll take a few hours. Hopefully by tomorrow everything will have settled down and be up to full performance.

Thank you for your patience!

Aaah, it's got that new server smell. Thank you for the work you put in.

• SiC unpinned and pinned this topic

Well done, these things are always a bit nerve-wracking.  Perhaps you should offer your services to NATS and help them create an air traffice control system that doesn't crash and cause utter chaos, as it did last year.

1 hour ago, Alan G said:

Well done, these things are always a bit nerve-wracking.  Perhaps you should offer your services to NATS and help them create an air traffice control system that doesn't crash and cause utter chaos, as it did last year.

Yeah, well..... They were 'working from home' too 🤣🤣

🚙💨

12 hours ago, SiC said:

Thank you for your patience!

Thank you for putting the time and effort in. 👌

How are we finding the server? Has anyone found that some stuff is missing?

I intend to delete the old server and all it's storage later today or tomorrow (its costing double to have both around and running ATM). Once that's done, there is no way back or possibility of recovering anything that hasn't been transferred. 

Search indexing is currently at 74%. So another good few hours till that's finished. Once done, everything should hopefully be up to full speed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seems good to me, on 4g and flicking about in mk for the past little while! Snappier than before, there isn't the initial tiny wait whilst the content loads on the big threads

Page load times seem quicker on mobile. They were never slow and I doubt I would have noticed without knowing the migration was happening, but there is now no lag at all rendering a thread.

Edit: what Sam/ Beko said.

Tried to add a photo to a reply to hmc’s rolls thread in the for sale section a little while ago and it wouldn’t do it. Just tested and same message here. Screenshot and it will upload that?

IMG_0996.png

I'm not seeing any  topics on my feed from anything but the main forum. 

I can get into the others by selecting them but they're not appearing on my normal view. 

This happening to anyone else? 

Screenshot_20240316-152148.thumb.jpg.dd3bd07b9f6a6084cdd49baf6093d900.jpg

My unread feed definitely inclues every forum.  

Had a few failures to load pages in the last couple of minutes (1545)