Jump to content

AnnoyingPentium's New Motor: *An* Vectra


AnnoyingPentium

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

12.4/10 good collectioneering would read again but more poos needed next time for extra points. 

It's got a Vauxhall Vectra in it, not sure how much more poo you require.
Good thread, good read, maybe the next one will be a £4k Maserati Quattroporte.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Wibble said:

Shame it’s not a Cav but otherwise, welcome to the Vauxhall fold. Looks ace, they’re not all shite!

They're just shit instead 😉🤣

You know what though, they cant all be that bad because I was actually looking forward to getting back into our ~180k mile MK5 Astravan earlier after doing a collect + deliver 🤣

I do love a Vectra, in their own way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Wibble said:

😆Bollocks mate! Novas, Astras, Cavs, Carlton’s, Senators are all brilliant but it went rapidly down hill from there I’ll admit😞

Yeah you're right, I agree. I like teasing Vauxhalls for being shit but they've always been pretty good in their own ways across the board. Apart from the Antara, whatever the fuck happened there 😂

Well, upto a certain era, even the MK5 Astra is surprisingly capable, just dull as ditchwater. It's shit, but in a different way to a MK4 astra, which is shit in a different way to a MK3 Astra, etc etc

It's probably widely considered the Corsa D is shit, but does that make the C any good? Nope! Not in my books. The D is better in many ways, but the C has many features and characteristics the D completely lost touch of

At least the Vectra B has some age to it now, and therefore some charm. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Yeah you're right, I agree. I like teasing Vauxhalls for being shit but they've always been pretty good in their own ways across the board. Apart from the Antara, whatever the fuck happened there 😂

Well, upto a certain era, even the MK5 Astra is surprisingly capable, just dull as ditchwater. It's shit, but in a different way to a MK4 astra, which is shit in a different way to a MK3 Astra, etc etc

It's probably widely considered the Corsa D is shit, but does that make the C any good? Nope! Not in my books. The D is better in many ways, but the C has many features and characteristics the D completely lost touch of

At least the Vectra B has some age to it now, and therefore some charm. 

I wouldn’t disagree with any of that. But, I had a new Mondeo 1.8 Zetec in Amparo blue delivered to me in August 2001 I think, Y reg. 6 weeks later a dumper truck reversed into it and my courtesy car was a Vectra. It was very noticeable how much better the Mondeo was in every way. I already owned the Senator by then and I was sad how far Vauxhall had fallen behind after their great cars of the 80’s and early 90’s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • AnnoyingPentium changed the title to Gone Collectin' - Now Collected: An Vectra.
7 hours ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

Correct. 26,500 ish, loads of paperwork including a cambelt in 2021. Two keys, radio code, working well too. Dealer put new brakes on too.

Many *happy miles ahead for you then, MonAmi...

My £1500 Getz 06 had 62k on July 4th... now @70k 😳.

..... I'm extracting 'maximum value' before winter/rust season 🚙💨

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A good friend had a T reg red vectra when I started working where I work now 15 years ago! 

Cant remember what engine it had but it was very reliable for him, mint inside and out and it shifted too when he told it to. 

8/10... Good effort but maybe I'm still not fully awake, it's not a volvo? Scottish man buys car but it's not a volvo... Maybe I need to call in sick today? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Good effort but maybe I'm still not fully awake, it's not a volvo? Scottish man buys car but it's not a volvo... Maybe I need to call in sick today? 

It's a misunderstanding - he meant to click 'Volvo' the dropdown box on the website but missed by one - so, Volvo Vectra Mk1.

Congrats on getting your fine steed back across the border, may you have many happy hours tinkering together.
(and that mileage!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

8/10... Good effort but maybe I'm still not fully awake, it's not a volvo? Scottish man buys car but it's not a volvo... Maybe I need to call in sick today? 

It was either a Mk1 V40 and £200 to my insurers, or this and £32 back! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Ah well with those figures that makes sense! 

Winter beater of distinction? Or away from the salt for the winter? 

More underseal than a tar pit and gently run it through some of the winter, assuming I haven't fixed all the "quirks" of the Skoda...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gareth always got to work in the vectra, even on the bad snow of 2010 and him living down some large hills in Wycombe we'd make it in! I had my puma at the time and that was always fantastic in the snow too. 

He sold it to a colleague in the end who ran it a few more years until the gearbox went and he part ex'd it for a kia rio. Don't go down that route

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some photos in the daylight. I've really gelled with this, more than I have with any other car.

Snapchat-1995521431.thumb.jpg.8cb47bf4629a41c77a5b24ef2f710799.jpg

Snapchat-271392486.thumb.jpg.b99f461b748510da528ff276c556c150.jpg

It's got dealer plates, stickers, and a keyring on the functional spare key. Had a cambelt in 2022 so that's sorted, and it's just heaps of fun tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, maxxo said:

I rather enjoyed seeing you yesterday and helping you out with this fine beast

im slightly jealous of you! It's a Time Capsule!

the dealer was interesting too

Thanks to yourself and Hayley for being so very hospitable as well, and apologise on my behalf for introducing you to the setting on your land-line fir separate ring tones for the base and the handheld bits 😂

The dealer was definitely... something, for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like a nice example Ryan. What flavour is it? 1.6 or 1.8?

The Ecotec's are a decent engine, we ran hundreds of these on Fleet in the late 90's and they were dependable. 

Wasn't the Arctic a specced up Envoy in reality? i.e an Envoy with Air con, Electric Windows and 15" alloys? We only ever ran Envoy / LS / GLS / SRi with no special editions allowed to muddy the waters.

Overall, 4.8 stars out of 5. Would have been the full 5 if it'd got dealer fitted mudflaps and the dealer fitted velour grey mats with "Vauxhall" in red down the edge nearest the sills.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, LoftyvRS said:

Looks like a nice example Ryan. What flavour is it? 1.6 or 1.8?

The Ecotec's are a decent engine, we ran hundreds of these on Fleet in the late 90's and they were dependable. 

Wasn't the Arctic a specced up Envoy in reality? i.e an Envoy with Air con, Electric Windows and 15" alloys? We only ever ran Envoy / LS / GLS / SRi with no special editions allowed to muddy the waters.

Overall, 4.8 stars out of 5. Would have been the full 5 if it'd got dealer fitted mudflaps and the dealer fitted velour grey mats with "Vauxhall" in red down the edge nearest the sills.

 

Cheers Matt, it's a 1.8.

From what I can tell the Arctic is a specced up LS, as its got RCL, the CAR400 radio cassette, air con, alloys, front fogs, electric front windows etc.

I agree it's lacking VX mudflaps but it's less for dirt to get trapped and rot it out in my eyes, but I may be swayed.

The mats are some universal rubber/cloth shite that'll go in the bin once I've ordered new mats, and a boot mat that Arnold Clark still stock for not too many pennies these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...