A visit from the Gypos..

retro80sboy

Yesterday about 5.30 while sticking a load of crap in my already over flowing garage a big yellow truck pulled up outside my house with a scruffy irish couple in their 40's.The woman got out and asked me if I had any scrap, like old fridges, metal - or do I want to get rid of any of 'these old cars' on my drive.At the moment I have 5 cars on my drive, all over 20 years old (see my list), they were particulary interested in my Capri, and the fella said that his brother had '4 of the green special editions' and a couple of 1600's.I said, 'Brooklands?' and he said, yes. Although I probably could have said 'Banana edition' and he would have probably agreed.He then went on to say If I liked Capris then I could buy all his brothers for a total of 10k. i told him that was about £9,500 more than what I had! - but to say I doubt his story is an understatment to say the least.anyway, I told them that all my cars are in use and that I do them up and am studying mechanics (which im not), so they are part of a project I am working on and have no interest in scrapping them whatsoever.The Capri has now been relocated to a mates house for a little while just incase they come back and try and hiab it on the back of their truck.My MG is being sold next week, and the Maestro is going to a fellow shitter off this forum, so when I get the Capri back it will be firmly under my carport, or if I can clean the bastard out - in my garage.

[pc mode]Hey hey let's not be discriminatory here! I prefer to call them "People of no fixed abode"[/pc mode] :PIncidently a similar thing happened to my father in law when my 406 was parked up and barely visible in his backyard when it was laid up before I scrappaged it. Pissed me off tbh, if I'd wanted to scrap it I'd have done so.

Is it a coincidence that the moving irish folk visited my house in a Ford Transit ?Maybe they have all contacted eachother and organised some sort of metal take over ?How they didn't get pulled was beyond me as the Transit was overflowing with ovens, radiators, metal bed frames and so on.It was all literally hanging over the sides.I did write the Reg down ... Just incase

I had one turn up the other day "we've just finished gravelling a drive round the corner and it looks like yours needs doing" says the van dweller.I told him I haven't got any money.Undeterred he says "what about the old caah,we could do a deal" I told him someone was viewing it the next day (although they didn't show up). "I'll come back at six tomorrow evening then" says Mr van dweller.He turned up at 4pm but I didn't open the door.Now some of you may remember I have had serious issues with pikeys and now have a camera installed.He came back again this morning at 8.30 to try and catch me in.I watched from the monitor and again didn't open the door.If he turns up again I will ask him if he knows about harassment laws then point out the tamper proof camera at the front of the house.They never seem to understand the word "no" do they ?

Theres loads up here in Stoke (or down here, depending where you are) I was visiting the Mother in law when an old Sherpa pickup went past looking for scrap, 20 mins later a knackered transit appeared too. Bet he wondered why nobody had any metal for him.Ive no problem with people looking for scrap on the whole. Most ive had contact with seem fine. I had an old engine on the drive a while back and a local pikey stuck a note to telling me he would remove it if it was going spare. He could have so easily have just taken it away while I was at work. Fair play to them I say. We all need to make money somehow- just aslong as they dont make a nuisance of themselves. Its the Gyppos who move in to the local park/ Mcdonands car park or large traffic roundabout and lay waste to the entire area, stealing lead from churches, depositing hundreds of tons of rubbish and smashing up pubs that I cant stand. The local council should just bulldoze the lot of them.

While ago I opened gate while putting a car away, as I'm getting into car pikeys pull up, wanker makes straight for my yard, I'm straight back in and the fuckers already reaching to pick up up some alluminium, I shout at him to get to fuck, cleft palate motherfucker just stands there and starts jabbering about 'shcrap, any ol shcrap', I actually had to grab the inbred cousin humper and force him out of my yard, really annoyed me, two days later another pikey asks me directions for the nearest supermarket 'Woorsha nooris shoobermarkit maite?' A correct response from myself would have been to turn right, straight to big roundabout, Asda on right, Sainsburys straight.But what I actually said was turn left, straight for a mile, left after underpass and get over to the right lane and stay in it because it's a sharp right turn into Morrisons. Good luck finding your way back to your caravan from Watfords fucked up ring road diddy tosser. And there's no Morrisons.

I don't think we have any phenomena like this in the states. I mean, loads and loads of crime -- vandalism, theft, break-ins, etc. Just comes in a different form.When some drug addict scum broke into my car a few months ago, that was only the second incident on my street in 25 years. Guess I should be thankful.Also, we have 200,000,000 privately-owned guns.

Also, we have 200,000,000 privately-owned guns.

The problem with having a constitution that gives the right to arm bears is that in this country we have a lot of Scousers, Mancs and Glaswegians and frankly there would be all out war if we adopted that stance.

Also, we have 200,000,000 privately-owned guns.

The problem with having a constitution that gives the right to arm bears is that in this country we have a lot of Scousers, Mancs and Glaswegians and frankly there would be all out war if we adopted that stance.
Yeah but most of them are probably already better armed that the British forces.

Chatting with some mates on this topic last night over a few beers, I realised that I don't have any problems with anyones' religion, skin colour, ethnic background, country of origin, (I teach english to foriegn students and immigrants, a job that I really enjoy) but I do fucking hate pikeys.Did anyone see that Gypsy wedding programme....?

Chatting with some mates on this topic last night over a few beers, I realised that I don't have any problems with anyones' religion, skin colour, ethnic background, country of origin, (I teach english to foriegn students and immigrants, a job that I really enjoy) but I do fucking hate pikeys.

Did anyone see that Gypsy wedding programme....?

I didnt see it but my sister did and said a lot of it was about ones from Wrexham! (where I live!)

Fiatdaft was right.They certainly don't like snarling,barking dags.The droiveway twat came back again this morning but didn't stay long enough for me to tell him to feck off.One Staffy cross the other side of the front door glaring at him through the glass,growling and bearing teeth was enough for him to bugger off.

I had one about a year back. R11 was parked on the drive but looked tidy enough, guy knocked at door asking if we'd like him to take it away for us. Told him I was keeping it and he was off. He was polite enough but still made me a bit wary and wonder if it might vanish one day.