Ebay Tat Volume 2 - Sadly deceased.

trigger

Guest Leonard Hatred

Plenty of those GM 5.7 V8 diesels are still in use and do return about 30US/36UK MPG in good fettle.

As far as I can work out, the early ones were unreliable but later ones are sorted and reliable if looked after and serviced properly (many weren't due to the almost universal misunderstanding of diesels in the US).

It's about the most offensive vehicle imaginable, I'd love it.

What's so weird about it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1981-CADILLAC-BIA ... 0767784307

5.7 DIESEL V8, Returns 38mpg at 62mph

22 mpg if you're lucky, and being a Yank diesel, it will explode.Makes a K series look like a paragon of reliability

Do Amis really fetch so much money, or is the seller being a bit optimistic?

Um, yes. They do. Reckon it'll do £2500-3000 but could go more. Nice ones don't come up for sale very often yet values still stay lower than an equivalent 2CV (which'd probably be £5k on Ebay). James May paid an entirely reasonable £1500 for his Ami 8 estate, and that was a touch shabby in places.

That one's a real beauty. Shame about the cruddy number plates though. If you're going to go all illegal, go for French font or how about some nice, legal white/yellows?

Do Amis really fetch so much money, or is the seller being a bit optimistic?

Um, yes. They do. Reckon it'll do £2500-3000 but could go more. Nice ones don't come up for sale very often yet values still stay lower than an equivalent 2CV (which'd probably be £5k on Ebay). James May paid an entirely reasonable £1500 for his Ami 8 estate, and that was a touch shabby in places.

That one's a real beauty. Shame about the cruddy number plates though. If you're going to go all illegal, go for French font or how about some nice, legal white/yellows?

I can see why they're attractive to some people, but then I can see why Solaras are attractive, too... :D

Had never realised that the Ami had reached "proper classic" status.

1966120.jpg

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C221522/

This is up for "proper" money but isn't it the nicest looking Gamma you've seen!

yes it's nice, but still overpriced. For example, this looks in great condition, too (sorry, I'm struggling to pinch an image from autoscout), and they're only asking 5500 Euros:

http://www.autoscout24.eu/Details.aspx? ... 2m&asrc=fa

...but this factoid would be news to me. And anyone else who's got a Zetec Haynes manual:

and as it is the silver top Zetec engine has steel timing gear so no need to replace belts

Erm... Still, it's a cheap estate.

On 09-Apr-11 at 23:11:15 BST, seller added the following information:

Sorry I was wrong about the timing gear it is not steel but belts.

$(KGrHqQOKi!E2mI(Bh!bBNp369no9w~~0_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1950-MORRIS-MINOR ... 3366ea8687

I'm not sure if there is a mistake here but this is listed as only being up for £1995!

Nice looking car but not original enough I suspect to make big money. Seller mentions it having different (to the front) rear wings but unless the rears are substantially different I'd be curious as to why the rear axle doesn't seem to sit right. To be fair though for the money it doesn't look a bad old bus but a real shame about the original bumpers not being present.

Not sure on the Old Knacker low lamp. There's a black one round here that appears now and again with an A35, and the arse end looks a bit like the maroon one. Must get a pic next time of both of them, as the two old boys who own them are decent sorts.