The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Since I've found a job I signed off JSA and also Housing Benefit. My grump is that I've worked out I'll be about £30 a week better off working full time (after you factor tax and commuting) than just sitting around on the dole. But at least I can feel good in the fact that the money I get will be coming from an employer, as opposed to your paycheques. You can see why people just don't bother, but as the man at the benefits office said when I mentioned it to him, it's all down to how you're brought up

Well my Dad once said to me "Son, you'll never forget your first car or your first shag". Indeed he was right, The Vauxhall Nova B246 JMX will forever stay in my memory as will Claire. Or was her name Lucy? Could have been Jess now I think about it. Actually that one only counts on a technicality. But there was this time with my mate Mark when we..............actually I think I'll stop writing now

My grumble of the day goes to the daft tw@ who was badly driving a '54 plate Ashtray convertible along the M6 this evening. HK54CDL I think.

The bald chap driving was without doubt the worst driver I've ever seen on a motorway that hadn't actually crashed. Tailgating to within literally 3" of the car in front, weaving between lanes, flashing his headlights trying to bully the 250 or so cars trying to get past the Slug Races by Stafford out of his way, on the phone, zero anticipation of what anyone in front may have been doing until the car he was right behind had to brake - at which point Ashtrayman would hit the brakes hard enough to lock 'em for a second (thank Ged for ABS or he'd have caused a big one) and then thrash the shit out of the Astra until he was 3" behind the car in front again. Weaved between lanes without indicating or even looking from what I could see.

I sat a fair distance behind and waited for him to box himself in behind a slug race, to give him his due, he nearly took the side out of the car I was driving as when he'd noticed that cars were passing him he just swung on out to join L3 - even though it was moving a fair bit quicker than he was by the time he noticed.

I was praying for him to tailgate one of StafPlods BMWs, but as there was no money to be made catching speeders they were probably drinking coffee somewhere.

You had sex with a Vauxhall Nova??

:lol:

My grump of the day (which will very likely turn out to be grump of the next 13 years at least) is that the Indians are coming.

I think you'll find the indians are already here.

ALL UR PEZ FACTRIES R BELONG 2 US.

Been doing some work on a job for tata, who now own corus, formerly british steel.

I've been hearing about Indians and steel companies today but nowt to do with Corus. I might wish it was though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12664346

A Muslim extremist has been found guilty of burning poppies at a protest in west London on Armistice Day.

Emdadur Choudhury, 26, of Spitalfields, east London, was fined £50 for offences under the Public Order Act.

Choudhury, a member of Muslims Against Crusades (MAC), had denied the charge at Woolwich Crown Court.

Mohammed Haque, 30, of Bethnal Green, was cleared of the charge. Both men had been accused of burning three oversized poppies on 11 November in Kensington.

Rival protests had been taking place at the time near the Royal Albert Hall, the end point of a charity march at which serving members handed over books of condolence ahead of Remembrance Sunday.

District Judge Howard Riddle said: "The two-minute chanting, when others were observing a silence, followed by a burning of the symbol of remembrance was a calculated and deliberate insult to the dead and those who mourn or remember them."

'Just despicable'

Judge Riddle said the ceasefire at 11am on 11 November 1918 had "huge significance" for Britain and marked the end of a "terrible war".

He added: "Against that background, interrupting the two minutes' silence by chanting 'British soldiers burn in hell', followed by the burning of poppies, is behaviour that is bound to be seen as insulting."

The court was previously told that the grandson of a World War II soldier felt "sick inside" as Muslim extremists burned replica poppies.

Poppy burning Veterans' families felt said they felt physically sick at the act

Tony Kibble said: "Halfway through, I looked up to see what was going on around and I saw a ball of fire fall to the ground. Literally, my stomach turned over.

"I felt sick inside. It is something that means so much to me and to see what I believed to be a wreath of poppies fall to the ground - it is just despicable."

Judge Riddle called Mr Kibble a "mild-mannered" man who had impressed him as a member of the public with "typical feelings" about Remembrance Day.

He said that freedom of expression was not unlimited.

Video footage of the incident was shown to the court.

In it, a member of the MAC could be heard to say, "the two minutes have started" before leading a series of anti-British chants.

About 20 men at the demonstration joined in with shouts of: "Burn, burn, British soldiers, British soldiers, burn in hell."

The crowd continued: "British soldiers - murderers, British soldiers - rapists, British soldiers - terrorists."

Their actions went "far beyond the boundaries of legitimate protest and freedom of expression," prosecutor Simon Ray said.

Choudhury, of Hunton Street, was found guilty under Section 5 of the Public Order Act of burning the poppies in a way that was likely to cause "harassment, harm or distress" to those who witnessed it.

Daniel Breger, defending, said Choudhury was a married man who worked part-time.

He said his wages were £480 a month, on top of which he receives a monthly £792 in benefits from the state.

Choudhury must pay a £15 victim surcharge on top of his fine

I have to pay £80 for not taxing a car I don't own. What a fucking joke.

I had to pay £80 for chucking a ciggie butt down a drain last week. Thats right, not on the pavement or road, but a bloody drain. Bastards. :evil::evil:

Don't you have the option to tell the warden to fuck off?

I've told a PCSO to fuck off before in Sale. He practically squared up to me and grunted something about needing my details or some such. I told him in no certain terms he wasn't having them, he then grabbed me by the shoulder as I went to walk away and I went ape shit. I told him pretty bluntly that unless he got a uniformed police officer to explain to me what was going on and why they needed my details, he was getting fuck all and I'd do him for assault (surprisingly I'd had an amazingly awful day at University).

An impeccably polite WPC then came over and explained that someone matching my description (well, the same Adidas top as me) had been seen kicking flower beds over and lobbing bottles at the traffic. I managed to get over that I'd come from the opposite direction from where said nobhead was spotted, showed them where my car was parked, confirmed my details and walked away as Mr Plastic 5-0 Twatface glowered at me.

Never mind, eh?

Should have given a false/previous address, but I was tired & hungover & assumed it would only be a £20 fine which I was prepared to take on the chin. Only agfter I'd given all the detail the little rancid bitch told me it was £80. If i didnt pay it would got to magistrates etc so had no real choice.

Wankers.

Should have given a false/previous address, but I was tired & hungover & assumed it would only be a £20 fine which I was prepared to take on the chin. Only agfter I'd given all the detail the little rancid bitch told me it was £80. If i didnt pay it would got to magistrates etc so had no real choice.

Wankers.

Should have faked a heart attack- or shouted "NO, I'M FINING YOU £80, ACTUALLY" then run off, very fast.

'hi,sorry to have to say this but i no longer need this item as my wife is not happy about having another fish tank in the house especially the running costs of the tanks i already have, really am sorry for any inconvenience i may have caused'

Just when I thought eBaY was getting better again too. Why don't these brain donors do their homework BEFORE bidding? The money from this was going towards my Saturday night drinking fund, now I'll have to run the wrath of the fuhrer by taking it out of the bank account.

Bloody smoke/heat detectors.

Been installed for years and previously no problem apart from them beeping intermittently for hours if the power has been off.

A few weeks ago my son set them off making toast - must have been oversensitive for some reason as he makes toast often enough without triggering them.

I came home to all the windows being open and the damned things howling like banshees, an hour after they first triggered.

Hit the 'sush' button and all was - crap. They all carried on with the 'replace battery' beeping - except th batteries are non-replaceable NiCd.

Removed the one that persisted as the heating engineer was coming to service the boiler and check the detectors.

He said he only pushed the test button and if they worked then fine, otherwise an electrician had to see to them.

The day after he had been, saying he would get an electrician out, they all went off again, in the middle of the afternoon while my son was sleeping, no activity in the house whatsoever, certainly no smoke/heat from anything.

They went off again at 11pm that night, then at one am.

Took them all down, wrapped them in blankest and slung them in the understairs cupboard.

That was three weeks ago.

Today the alarm man came and checked/replaced them as required.

Damned things have all gone off again. Once more no conflagrations to trigger them, only my son and I home, him sleeping (was - on night shift :( )

Ripped the buggers down and chucked them out in the garden (in the rain) and they are still bleeping away.

Not amused!