eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

6 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

1979 so its Historic vehicle taxation class eligible,  its Both a Big V8 AND a Diesel, its the ultimate fuck you to the ULEZ zone :) 

and bonus points if you manage to get it registered with TFL  as a car used by a blue badge holder so it then this massive wagon becomes congestion charge exempt to take the piss out of all of the London charge zones :)  

Can't be 1979 on a Y, surely that's 1982/3 but may still sneak in at some point after August. 

2 minutes ago, vaughant said:

Can't be 1979 on a Y, surely that's 1982/3 but may still sneak in at some point after August. 

Apologies I see what you mean now!!! 1979 built but 1983 reg. 

Sadly shows 2 charges applicable on ULEZ. 

Need to wait another year to get a freebie. 

Plenty of time to mint it up then 🤣🤣🤣Screenshot_20220118-082238_Chrome.thumb.jpg.df26a133b39e41189f9d643b4dbf58ba.jpg

1 minute ago, GR8 PL8 M8 said:

I think the Top Gear lads did better than that!

I hate the PT Cruiser anyway but that definitely takes the prize for the worst one ever. Even the convertible is better than that. The way the windows don’t line up is so amateur looking, suggests it will just fold up in a crash. 

3 hours ago, vaughant said:

3 hours ago, vaughant said:

Apologies I see what you mean now!!! 1979 built but 1983 reg. 

Sadly shows 2 charges applicable on ULEZ. 

Need to wait another year to get a freebie. 

Plenty of time to mint it up then 🤣🤣🤣Screenshot_20220118-082238_Chrome.thumb.jpg.df26a133b39e41189f9d643b4dbf58ba.jpg

Prior to the 1st of August 1983, most imports, Military and other such vehicles registered late (like breakdown tenders), did not get age related number plates, and where just given current number plates based on their date of first registration :) (after the 1st of August 1983, imports and the such like where given Age related number plates although the odd one does slip through the net every now and then)

which meant you got some rather amusing "late registration madnes" going on at times :) 

for example here is a 1954 Volvo on an R suffix! 

188656716_10221913440519900_3422176893169120168_n.jpeg

as for the ULEZ charge, the main online checker is not very reliable and will show all historic vehicles as needing to pay, however if you go to the actual pay charges page, it will correctly show historic vehicles as ULEZ exempt :) 

image.thumb.png.52e5b85a77552da90b686b1d35e43def.png

2 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

I hate the PT Cruiser anyway but that definitely takes the prize for the worst one ever. Even the convertible is better than that. The way the windows don’t line up is so amateur looking, suggests it will just fold up in a crash. 

I love them, from a great distance 😬 They are comfy to sit in but I think that’s where the positives end.😁