eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

26 minutes ago, barrett said:

It's all the money, but this looks incredible

s-l1600.jpg

I don't even hate the wheels as much as I should

s-l1600.jpg

Shame it's had the wrong carpet put in, but that's easily solved. This is what my old one should have looked like and I'm getting quite nostalgic

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164784448408?hash=item265deb2398:g:k~kAAOSwuwpgXviC

PX modern ”.     

Swap your BMW for it?

On 4/18/2021 at 6:38 PM, Kringle said:

Feels like ground hog day this thread.

Have something new...

NSU Quickly*

174555733_486239725747480_7567209919080805059_n.thumb.jpg.1570330a43358823ff8a46bcc1bd78e4.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/737497540221376/

My brother and I, when in our early teens, must have bought 20 or so of these and Norman Nippy's (what a great name!) over the course of 18 months or so.

We used to break them up and advertise the parts in Motorcycle Weekly using their free ads, and sold loads of parts back then. Enough profit to ensure I could smoke Embassy tabs and not No 10 or Sovereign.

2 minutes ago, Jerzy Woking said:

My brother and I, when in our early teens, must have bought 20 or so of these and Norman Nippy's (what a great name!) over the course of 18 months or so.

We used to break them up and advertise the parts in Motorcycle Weekly using their free ads, and sold loads of parts back then. Enough profit to ensure I could smoke Embassy tabs and not No 10 or Sovereign.

Your earnings went up in smoke?

This looks nice, even if the title isn't exactly correct.
s-l1600.jpg

Eh?
s-l1600.jpg

Oh...

To aid our wedding business we had the mini professionally wrapped to mimic Mr Bean's iconic mini from the 80's television series and the vehicle is currently registered with a private plate (BBE4N). This is not included with the sale but is available for a small additional fee. [/Quote]

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294137331452

4 hours ago, SiC said:

This looks nice, even if the title isn't exactly correct.
s-l1600.jpg

Eh?
s-l1600.jpg

Oh...

If it's a good quality wrap, in theory it should be removable without destroying the paint, with a bit of heat and a lot of care.

However, if what I've seen elsewhere in the wedding industry is anything to go by, it'll have been done on the cheap with low quality material with adhesive that's inappropriate for the job, and the paint will slough off like flesh from a leper upon its removal.

On 20/04/2021 at 21:02, phil_lihp said:

Vauxhall is selling off some of their heritage fleet.  Not sure what the little box is on the dash of this tidy little number, alarm?

https://auctions.manorparkclassics.com/auction/lot/lot-79---1990-vauxhall-nova-12-merit/?lot=94&so=0&st=&sto=0&au=2&ef=&et=&ic=False&sd=0&pp=48&pn=2&g=1

I'm always saddened when I see cars being sold from manufacturer's own collections: I saw some of the Citroens at Aulnay-sous-Bois before they were sold at the Centenary Event.

37 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

I think Vauxhall itself will eventually become a casualty of the creation of Stellantis.

Here's the problem as I see it; other than a few hardy types who buy them because "we've always had Vauxhalls", who - outside of fleets - actually buys them? Who says "I'd like an Insignia" over all the other cars in that segment?

I don't think the Vauxhall name will disappear unless both Opel and Vauxhall disappear. Why kill a brand name when the cost of different badges is less than the sales that would probably disappear as a result? 

Just think of Vauxhall as the name for Opel UK, in the same way there is a Volkswagen UK and a Toyota UK. Not worth getting rid of it 

1 hour ago, Isopon said:

That mini didn't look so bad in this picture- seems to have gone through several styles since, almost like an aging actor trying to look young, getting increasingly large amounts of plastic surgery.

DSCF8239_jpg.jpg

Looks like the dog was wanting to get away from it and not look at it too. 

15 minutes ago, horriblemercedes said:

I don't think the Vauxhall name will disappear unless both Opel and Vauxhall disappear. Why kill a brand name when the cost of different badges is less than the sales that would probably disappear as a result? 

Just think of Vauxhall as the name for Opel UK, in the same way there is a Volkswagen UK and a Toyota UK. Not worth getting rid of it 

This question has been up before about changing to just Opel and I gave the same answer at the time as you have. There will always be buyers because they always bought Vauxhall and Opel is pretty unknown over here in comparison. 

Brochures and manuals will be written in UK market, so sticking a different badge on won't cost any difference. Dealers pay for their own signage anyway. Adverts will be made specifically for the UK market too. Cars just need a different badge stuck on. Even under GM they were half arsed attempts going by the amount of Griffin's that fell off Insignias to leave the Opel bolt in the underlying molding!

Lob a caravan in the back and have the best overlander ever.

The FV620 Stalwart is a highly mobile military truck most known for serving the British Army. The vehicle was designed with a welded hull chassis giving the Stalwart amphibious capability. The Stalwart is powered by a Rolls Royce water cooler 8-cylinder petrol engine producing 220bhp with 6 driven wheels through the Alvis' 5-speed transmission. With the ability to carry 5 tonnes on board and tow a maximum of 10 tonnes that Stalwart is an incredibly rare machine in this day. Weighing 8500kgs, the Alvis is propelled through the water by a vectored thrust water jets with a cruising speed of 6 knots.

129FE2C5-40C6-49AB-A458-A17305AF05ED.jpeg

D3CF5B93-3180-45AB-9BD0-655D1330B037.jpeg

33D6B7FD-C0D9-4B59-99F4-3D6E582145F0.jpeg

33 minutes ago, SiC said:

Brochures and manuals will be written in UK market, so sticking a different badge on won't cost any difference. Dealers pay for their own signage anyway. Adverts will be made specifically for the UK market too. Cars just need a different badge stuck on.

I would love to agree but it’s clear that, for reasons best known to themselves, the corporate world generally favour global (or at least continental) brands. It’s why we have Cif not Jif; HSBC not Midland Bank; Aviva not Norwich Union; etc etc...