eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1958 Austin standrive 10

£3,500    Carnforth

image.jpeg.e5e8cff8221cdddd139cb18f28e75752.jpeg

Seller's description

A rare Standard 10 Standrive classic car, one of only a handful of semi automatic cars still around. Selling due to husbands bereavement I can only describe as I see or remember him saying) it was previously shown at lots of shows and had been cherished. The paintwork will require some work, the interior is not in bad condition with no rips and all original, the headrests are there. The engine runs ( video provided) but from what I remember the fuel pipe needs reattaching? The brakes don’t work. It is a 1958 and until parked up was a good runner. The number plate alone was valued at £1500 once there is a current MOT on the car. Viewings welcome , there is a V5 . Won’t take a lot of work to restore to its former loveliness, ideal for anyone wanting a cheap classic car. Lots of past info, details etc. 5 mins from jct 35 M6

image.jpeg.e12c39e0048e2193aac0c4fd333bd058.jpeg

2 hours ago, wesacosa said:

Screenshot_20240911_103628_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240911_103630_Chrome.jpg

Came to post this. Bargain I reckon. If I hadn’t just bought ANOTHER car I’d be fetching it. 

A high-vis on the parcel shelf and a clipboard on the dash and I reckon you could park this pretty much anywhere you wanted. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, wuvvum said:

That looks incredibly primitive for 1908.  The Silver Ghost was a couple of years into production by then.

Yeah, but...

Land Rover made the series 3 into the 1980s. That was also really bloody primitive compared to its contemporaries!

1 hour ago, cort16 said:

Oof, that is a bargain if the tank isn't rusty. Decent cam position sensor is 100 quid and replaced in 10mins, easily accessible in the front. Someone get this bought, wheels are worth half the asking price and it's a nice spec!

12 minutes ago, Schaefft said:

Oof, that is a bargain if the tank isn't rusty. Decent cam position sensor is 100 quid and replaced in 10mins, easily accessible in the front. Someone get this bought, wheels are worth half the asking price and it's a nice spec!

It's a bargain even if it is - good E38s are getting very hard to find now and that one looks lovely. If I had the space I'd be getting a trailer organised and a trip to Glasgow sorted.

9 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

@SiC Next time you update the board software can you add a vomit reaction please?

I can already imagine how certain people will utterly misuse that in a passive aggressive way!

• Haha 2

On 02/09/2024 at 23:52, wesacosa said:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/8172328396193398/?ref=newsfeed

might be worth dropping the seller a line, see if he will post to you being such a big Yugo fan.  If not I'd be happy to have it sent to me then forwarded to you but guess it would be cheaper to see if he will send directly 

Small update on this - Turns out the Sana guys know the seller. 😄 One of them bought one of the boards, and sent a photo. Upon complaining I got ignored, they said a nice word or two about being a mate, and two boards and Yugo UK hat are on their way to Serbia. 😄

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, IronStar said:

Small update on this - Turns out the Sana guys know the seller. 😄 One of them bought one of the boards, and sent a photo. Upon complaining I got ignored, they said a nice word or two about being a mate, and two boards and Yugo UK hat are on their way to Serbia. 😄

ah great news !

yeah I think the seller is a well known Yugo botherer so not surprised the Sana lads know him

9 hours ago, Momentary Lapse Of Reason said:

1958 Austin standrive 10

£3,500    Carnforth

image.jpeg.e5e8cff8221cdddd139cb18f28e75752.jpeg

Seller's description

A rare Standard 10 Standrive classic car, one of only a handful of semi automatic cars still around. Selling due to husbands bereavement I can only describe as I see or remember him saying) it was previously shown at lots of shows and had been cherished. The paintwork will require some work, the interior is not in bad condition with no rips and all original, the headrests are there. The engine runs ( video provided) but from what I remember the fuel pipe needs reattaching? The brakes don’t work. It is a 1958 and until parked up was a good runner. The number plate alone was valued at £1500 once there is a current MOT on the car. Viewings welcome , there is a V5 . Won’t take a lot of work to restore to its former loveliness, ideal for anyone wanting a cheap classic car. Lots of past info, details etc. 5 mins from jct 35 M6

image.jpeg.e12c39e0048e2193aac0c4fd333bd058.jpeg

That's not terrifying at all*

1985 Volkswagen Transport 2L 78PS SWB Camper Van Low Miles 39k Perfect Runner - Picture 1 of 24

1985 Volkswagen Transport 2L 78PS SWB Camper Van Low Miles 39k Perfect Runner | eBay

'Condition Summary: Bodywork Is In Decent'

1985 Volkswagen Transport 2L 78PS SWB Camper Van Low Miles 39k Perfect Runner - Picture 23 of 24

They're not wrong,  they just need to brush up on not putting spaces in a single word.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Momentary Lapse Of Reason said:

Not more so than any other pre-selector gearbox.

Truly crudtastic.

It should be preserved, if only to highlight how good the BW35 actually is.