1994 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - "cheap jeep"

skattrd

Definitely not a Datsun, nowhere near that interesting.

I'm not sure if I'd say the vehicle was giffery, but the vehicle definitely was giffer owned. It has a few dings and is being sold by a friend, since the former owner is now deceased. Looking at the pictures of the vehicle, his eyesight had been failing for a while.

Not ex Prince Philip , by any chance?

SEAT Ibiza

Nope.

That London acheived.

I now have 1hr before my next train. I just need to pop down to London Bridge, so the rattly old Northern line it is.

• Like 1

London Bridge Station has occurred.

post-4715-0-37687300-1547983029_thumb.jpg

I now have half an hour before my final train... Which I assume makes 117 stops before I get off after about 40 miles and 1.5 hrs

• Like 2

I’m going to have a stab at something Yank flavoured. A Chevy or a Chrysler are a bit kind-of-but-not-quite Giffer.

Long way to go for a Sebring though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m going to have a stab at something Yank flavoured. A Chevy or a Chrysler are a bit kind-of-but-not-quite Giffer.

Long way to go for a Sebring though

Yank is the correct country but wrong makes(s).

Hint, its not a grey import.

• Like 1

I'm blaming Wuv for posting it in the tat thread, then nobody else bidding more than £500.

MOT history shows its covered under 100 miles in the last 3 years. I'm planning to do almost double that today... WCPGW

That's appealing, pre-facelift job.

I've always wanted to try a diesel one, the VM diesel is really noisy in these and I think you have to dismantle much of the front axle and suspension to replace the starter motor but still - would.

• Like 2

Cheers chaps.

I did consider the vm diesel version but decided I'd rather enjoy driving it than save money on fuel.

A mate had a diesel one years ago and from memory it wasn't particularly economical or powerful.

This being the "high output" shouldn't be too slow, and, fingers crossed, might do 20mpg.

Cheers chaps.

I did consider the vm diesel version but decided I'd rather enjoy driving it than save money on fuel.

A mate had a diesel one years ago and from memory it wasn't particularly economical or powerful.

This being the "high output" shouldn't be too slow, and, fingers crossed, might do 20mpg.

I had a Grand Cherokee with the VM and it was actually bloody good on fuel - would do 40mpg on a gentle run.  It wasn't fast though, and it was comically unrefined.

Can confirm though that a non-Grand with a HO 4.0 will indeed GLF.  The one I drove (in the US) was 2wd which made cornering even more interesting.

• Like 2

The six cylinder does make a lovely noise as the petrol gurgles through at an alarming rate. I really enjoyed my first one, but 17000 miles in six months (at 17mpg) was a bit too costly, I used to say that it would pass anything, apart from a petrol station.

• Like 2

Got a GC in the same colour and love it to bits. 

Luckily got LPG on mine so the sub 20mpg evens out with half price fuel.

Mine has been one of the most reliable cars, so hope yours is the same.

Sitrep:
12 miles done, runs fine, then doesn't, runs lumpy for a bit, vibrates a bit, then smoothes out. I'm about to check plug leads, and thinking it could be stale fuel or blocked filter.

Oh and its a bit rough, and electric seats don't work or move.

• Like 3

Oh, these are absolutely hateful things. Well bought, sir.

• Like 3