1994 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - "cheap jeep"

skattrd

There are many, many reasons why I shouldn't buy any more cars, space, time, money to start with.... In my defence I expected to be outbid on ebay, so it was relatively cheap.
This is why I should not read the ebay tat thread, I buy things I don't need.

I did consider not doing a collection thread for this, but the last time I collected a vehicle without doing a thread/post I ended up getting home at gone midnight in a loan car (an Astra) and the vehicle I purchased arriving 36 hours later on a flatbed after multiple FTP on the drive home.

So here begineth the collection, breakfast:

post-4715-0-96526300-1547970430_thumb.jpg

Bacon sandwich with a latte.

To be followed by a drive to the train station, multiple trains, ending up with me in the deep South of England. it's almost France, but not quite.

Estimated (according to trains) time to destination is after 13:00 this afternoon … so there's lots of time before I get there.

It's nothing particularly exciting to collect, but there are multiple reasons why it might not make it the 175 mile drive home.

Step one, car to drive to the station will be the Scooby, as it's petrol and warms up quickly, it appears to be cold outside.

post-4715-0-96629000-1547971332_thumb.jpg

I live in the countryside, so I've been out and started the engine so it warms up a bit before I get in it.

I am at the train stop a little early.

IMG_20190120_085026.jpg

My train is the one for that London.

IMG_20190120_085015.jpg

Bag with tools, coolant, cable ties, gaffer tape, pliers, screwdriver and other crap, also jump pack and compressor. I forgot the tyre weld and mini socket set, doh!

With that kit it can't be a Japanese car!

Datsun bluebird coupe, actually I didn’t see a big tub of wob in the tool kit.

Something very giffery hence being laid up?

Definitely not a Datsun, nowhere near that interesting.

I'm not sure if I'd say the vehicle was giffery, but the vehicle definitely was giffer owned. It has a few dings and is being sold by a friend, since the former owner is now deceased. Looking at the pictures of the vehicle, his eyesight had been failing for a while.