E is for... exiting the fleet.

cms206

700/900 series don't seem bad for cover. I've literally just renewed mine this morning for £148 fully comp with breakdown included through Classicline, that's limited to 3k max pa though.

Haha, I expect prices are good because the insurance companies expect these cars to be piloted by safety conscious old farts... not sure what that says about us lot though!

Managed to get a fresh insurance policy for £170 quid or thereabouts so we are once again motoring.

I am celebrating with chips. The view is nice...cedcd838dde7b5d841cd1ca10f4778b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Top job on this though Andy, great car and it looks the biz! Probably my favourite colour for these.

And now paradoxically RHD aircon valves are available whilst RHD not aircon heater valves are unobtanium. Aftermarket or otherwise they simply don't exist (New at lest)

I've just had to adapt a Mk1 Golf valve to fit mine.

Have you tried skandix.de ? They can get just about anything.

Have you tried skandix.de ? They can get just about anything.

Yep. Literally no-one has them, completely NLA in every sense.

The LHD non aircon heater valves are available and look similar but are a mirror image of the RHD ones with everything aligned to the wrong side, part number for the RHD non aircon valve is 9447892, see for yourself what availability's like if you're curious ;)

In the end with mine I removed another grommet and fitted a Mk1 Golf valve slightly further down the firewall using a different location as mentioned, after I've extended the cables it should do the same job. It was quite an unpleasant task and involved removing the clutch pedal etc....

47458083601_865c60c7c9_k.jpg

Anyhow, apologies for the minor thread derailment! Back to this golden beauty....

I get pangs of wanting a 740 again and even went head to head with cms206 over VKD!

I keep forgetting we still have a 740 GLE Auto! We have owned it from Feb 2004 and it went to live in Wales. First Mrs6C father then her ex brother in law used it. It won’t start now and I suspect the fuel pump or its relay. It run out of MOT April 2014 and really needs to be returned to the road before it becomes too difficult.

The problem is that it is 200 miles away in rural Wales and Mrs6C father is not well enough to have it sorted out for us.

post-4787-0-50938200-1556179994_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-49199100-1556180013_thumb.jpg

Can supernaut not potato shop his face on to that last picture then use it for dating? He would be happily married in seconds

Is my white premium* German saloon not enough?

Also, the problem with photoshopping my face onto a picture is that the face on the picture would then no longer be happy.

• 2 weeks later...

CMS_TOWERS downsizing in failing fucking miserably shocker.

WIFE_CMS has threatened to learn to drive for a while but has been fucking terrified of manual transmissions so we invested* in an auto specifically for her, and started her driving lessons properly.

Naturally she now has the newest car in the fleet, this 77k-mile 2002 Nissan Almera 1.8E auto with test til next March. It was a facebook marketplace buy on Friday night and seems in pretty decent order, a decent scrub inside should see it bob on.

20190504_155225.jpg

15 hours ago, cms206 said:

Also finally landing at CMS_TOWERS this evening as darkness fell was my untested 41k mile Mondeo 2.0 Zetec. MOT prep shall start on Friday.

20190507_214335.jpg

I know someone* who buys these engines.

Yours is a little low on mileage though, 100,000 is considered optimum for best track performance.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 9:14 AM, Six-cylinder said:

I get pangs of wanting a 740 again and even went head to head with cms206 over VKD!

I keep forgetting we still have a 740 GLE Auto! We have owned it from Feb 2004 and it went to live in Wales. First Mrs6C father then her ex brother in law used it. It won’t start now and I suspect the fuel pump or its relay. It run out of MOT April 2014 and really needs to be returned to the road before it becomes too difficult.

The problem is that it is 200 miles away in rural Wales and Mrs6C father is not well enough to have it sorted out for us.

post-4787-0-50938200-1556179994_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-49199100-1556180013_thumb.jpg

How hard is a fuel pump or relay to sort? Day trip to Wales one Saturday? 

Fuel pump relay is ashtray out and a minor fiddle

Lift pump is under the back seat and unscrew the cap on top.

Main pump is under the car and again apart from having to lay under the car on your back is straight forward. The filter is next to it and I guess should also be changed.

I have has a quick look on ebay, relay and main pump no problem but I can't find a lift pump.

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

Fuel pump relay is ashtray out and a minor fiddle

Lift pump is under the back seat and unscrew the cap on top.

Main pump is under the car and again apart from having to lay under the car on your back is straight forward. The filter is next to it and I guess should also be changed.

I have has a quick look on ebay, relay and main pump no problem but I can't find a lift pump.

I ***MAY*** have a 740 lift pump. I did the whole sender unit when I thought the doolally fuel gauge was getting a dodgy signal so the old one might still be about.

10 hours ago, DodgyBastard said:

I have a fuel pump relay you can have if you need it.

Thanks for the offer, I have bought a relay from Chartlon Volvo Parts some time ago I just need to find it.

I am not 100% it is fuel pump/relay but we have had it running on easy start and it will not pick up onto petrol in spite of adding a couple of gallons from a can.