Has anyone had a lorry transported? Is it hi - NOW BODGE 50 HORSEBO11OX THREAD (Now with added turtles)

Mr_Bo11ox

Wanna see some rust?

P1080809.jpg

Looks fairly inocuous right?

P1080808.jpg

Thos arches dont look too horrendous from the outside....

inner RH wheelarch/floor:

7389e664-22b8-481d-86ab-a992aeab56e7.jpg

P1080802.jpg

P1080801.jpg

crossmember/cab mounts

P1080798.jpg

P1080797.jpg

P1080796.jpg

P1080795.jpg

RH inner arche again (fwd end, near the steering box)

P1080794.jpg

P1080793.jpg

LH inner arch/floor is actually significantly better (but still bad)

P1080792.jpg

P1080799.jpg

P1080800.jpg

I have asked a couple of skilled mig-twirlers off here if they fancy getting involved as this is just too much for me time-wise. The truck was so cheap i feel I can afford to tip a decent sum into it to get to a sound basis for a horsebo11ox but lets see how it pans out.

P1080806.jpg

MADE IN BRITAIN BITCHES!!!!!!

I think there is ZERO panel availability for these heaps. Although you can buy dodge panel van rear arches in the states, which might make into a tolerable front arch repair section.

I like it too!!! I like its shite heritage, and I like the Perkins engine and I like the shape and size of it, its spot on for what I want, except I do not want another massive weldfest of my own. Enthusiastic shite welders apply here!!

Cab off would probably make it a lot easier...

Given how cheap you got it that's definitely worth sorting I think. It's already a rare old beast, and will be a lot of fun I think once done.

Plus side is that a lot of that grot isn't going to be visible, so the welding doesn't need to be pretty as long as it's solid.

Oh...cab interior photos please! Sorry... interior design nerd who's not familiar with these vehicles.

Oh...cab interior photos please! Sorry... interior design nerd who's not familiar with these vehicles.

They're not the most interesting interior.  Fairly plain plastic dash, instruments are in a big rectangular box in front of the driver not unlike an early SD1, massive two-spoke steering wheel, three seats with an engine cover in front of the middle passenger's knees.  Conventional handbrake, big long gear lever with dogleg first.  Conventional column stalks for indicators, horn and wipers, rocker switches for most other functions.

That's from memory, it's been a few years since I owned one.

That's not anywhere near as bad as one might expect for a sub £500 quid horsebox.  Hope you can wrassle some welders to glue it back together, looks eminently saveable.

Obligatory 69 wheel arch sticker comment.  Chortle, etc.

If it's currently MOT'd as private HGV would it not have needed to be done at a ministry place?

Hi, Usually yes because they are used to dealing with the size of vehicle.  When I worked for the bus company we turned one of the pits over to MOTs one day a week with a ministry examiner coming in to officiate, if there were spare slots we occasionally had a third party in for test all booked through the ministry.  It's a class 5 for playbuses and the like.

Colin