Jump to content

What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread


Recommended Posts

Posted

I am currently temping at Lotus cars. I opened my payslip for last week's work to discover that I have been paid holiday pay for August Bank Holiday. :common007:

Posted

Hopefully they also offer a company car policy 

Posted

Achievement unlocked.

IMG_4345.png.5e2f85db6c9b88625af63f8929bec380.png

I have now visited the northernmost and southernmost Wimpy's in the UK.

Posted

He mentioned atto and I asked electric

He said no

Hybrid he said

He says its brand new the display on the dash that I thought was kms is range 1000km it said 40 on ev

Might go out after dinner and have a poke

@Jerzy Woking did a runner so el solo a noche20260910_171310.jpg.d074a9325a0094aeb0a945d72d68b515.jpg

  • Like 2
Posted

Omg

In better news went 20260910_180739.jpg.19b6952068248803190cf673f8bf83c8.jpg20260910_175047.jpg.9663acfe0e270b09a08a57ebda3b99d9.jpgto lidl for snacks ( yes I've been here before)

And this pulled in as I had to go out to the car cos I'd left my wallet in me jacket as its 28 here

Posted
29 minutes ago, myglaren said:

I thought that Wimpy's were long gone.

So did I till I found one in Shrewsbury, so much better than McDonalds.

Posted
34 minutes ago, myglaren said:

I thought that Wimpy's were long gone.

Apparently, there are about 60 left. There might be a plan to visit every last one. In one go, under development...

  • Like 1
Posted

We went to the Wimpy in Brighton last month. Very clean & tidy, friendly & efficient staff and the food was surprisingly good.

Posted
2 hours ago, Inspector Morose said:

Apparently, there are about 60 left. There might be a plan to visit every last one. In one go, under development...

Had Wimpeys in Luton long before MCDs arrived when I was a teenager, it was quite a treat when I had my own money and could choose what mum n dad would never buy me.  Nearest now would be the Aylesbury branch…..mmmm now then when are we over there for a theatre visit???  Think we’ve a date with Ultimate Classic Rock show in a few months. Ooooh, actually it’s later this month, 25th.  Wonder how close it is to the theatre

Posted
1 hour ago, Bmwdumptruck said:

Had Wimpeys in Luton long before MCDs arrived when I was a teenager,

They were here a good while before McD's invaded. In my teens there was an ace burger joint, Rumblebelleys, owned by Greek Nicky Loizou. Best burgers, and relishes, I've ever had

Posted

Slightly odd that this sink is not on the wall next to the bot washer 20260910_234754.jpg.642b597bc78a9e50eb3380c815e224a2.jpg 

Posted
40 minutes ago, hairnet said:

Ooer

20260910_234823.jpg

Bidet seat? 

Posted

Note to self 

Stop looking at the weather cos you won't get wet on sat cos you won't be on the bike

Twat

Posted
6 hours ago, myglaren said:

I thought that Wimpy's were long gone.

I last went in one in 1982.

Posted

This is some of the best I've seen on YouTube in a while. And there are English subtitles that explain everything.

 

  • Like 3
Posted

Had the Lidl app for ages but never had much in the way of savings, just a few pence here and there.  Lots of offers for free bakery products of no use to me.

Also a load of Nectar points from diesel but never venture into Sainsburys.

Went to Pity Me Arnison* Centre. Looked in Sainsburys for Chinese tomato ketchup.  No go but found chocolate buttons that I have been looking for for ages (for great grandson) and some NZ Barolo wine.  Paid with Nectar points all but £1.76.

Then to Lidl for the bulk of today's shopping and it used a load of points.

Altogether sixty quids worth of stuff for £12.

A successful outing for a change.

 

*Spellcheck suggests 'arsonist'  :) 

 

ED:  I was given a coupon for money off fuel.  Ripped it up as I very rarely see my car and haven't put fuel in it for ages, once this year I think.

Then realised that my son and his wife are off to foreign on Monday and I have the car for a couple of weeks.

Posted
1 hour ago, myglaren said:

Had the Lidl app for ages but never had much in the way of savings, just a few pence here and there.  Lots of offers for free bakery products of no use to me.

Also a load of Nectar points from diesel but never venture into Sainsburys.

Went to Pity Me Arnison* Centre. Looked in Sainsburys for Chinese tomato ketchup.  No go but found chocolate buttons that I have been looking for for ages (for great grandson) and some NZ Barolo wine.  Paid with Nectar points all but £1.76.

Then to Lidl for the bulk of today's shopping and it used a load of points.

Altogether sixty quids worth of stuff for £12.

A successful outing for a change.

 

*Spellcheck suggests 'arsonist'  :) 

 

ED:  I was given a coupon for money off fuel.  Ripped it up as I very rarely see my car and haven't put fuel in it for ages, once this year I think.

Then realised that my son and his wife are off to foreign on Monday and I have the car for a couple of weeks.

Carma ?

Posted
4 hours ago, hairnet said:

Shame they don't do these at home20260911_122839.jpg.10bc431ae1417c31496c21678c1119d6.jpg

Love a Fanta lemon 🍋 

  • Agree 2
Posted
2 hours ago, myglaren said:

Sainsburys

I watched that building being built from my bedroom window as a kid, at that point we used to do our shopping in saver centre in the galleries 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...