What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I reckon that might have been his last day, has a whiff of demob happy about it.

No different to what I used to do as a pizza delivery driver complete with massive yellow phone on the roof and the phone number down the side, man I loved that job

Handbrake turns in cul de sacs at 1am FTW

So.. I ran out of clean cutlery and decided to put the dishwasher on, had ran out of dishwasher tablets,so squirted rinse aid all over the plates and filled the container up and then squirted fairy liquid all over everything.

About an hour later I went to make a cup of tea and found the kitchen floor looked like an Ibiza dancefloor.

I'm going to go to bed and forget about it and hope it's resolved itself in the morning

bbf952033275c9ee4d1c9e0cc645e8ff.jpg

Tapatalk's targeted advertising has had a bit of a fail... Clearly they've picked up on the fact we buy cars here, but I don't think the machine learning is giving them the full story.

"Hello, is that 247carfinance? Yes, I'd like fifty quid over five years please to buy a Ford Ka"

I'm lucky to come from a line of people who did interesting things. My great grandfather restored plasterwork in stately homes.  He had a brother who is a collected artist (still life, flowers mostly). My grandfather, who died when I was 12, did various things (painting also being one of them) but the one I have clear memories of was the mysterious goings on in the garage where he made castings for model trains.  I don't think he made the masters but there were dozens of two piece, round, hard rubber moulds and he'd pour in silvery molten liquid and then the moulds would get spun to force it into all the nooks and crannies.

Anyhow, today my mum came across some notes he must have made either to remind himself or perhaps to pass on the techniques and materials he'd developed to do this. Here's a taster.

RobCasting1.jpg

There are further notes, altering the mix of the alloy for different sized/complexity of component.

I have fond memories of standing there in his little workshop that was at the back of the garage watching this process.  He may even have let me pour the metal on a couple of occasions or perhaps that is just my youthful wishful thinking to have got more involved than I was allowed.

I've come up with a foolproof* way of gaining riches. Bought 2 x £25 loan parts on funding secure this morning. They're activated today, and you get 30 days interest instantly. Put them on the secondary market and flogged in 10 minutes.

73p profit for effectively doing sod all. This time next year etc

I'm going to start with a grump because the grin cancels it out utterly.  Imagine, if you will, a miserable rainy day and you're driving a damp Rover while you've got a stinking head cold so you can spend £30 on PENS so you can do your job.  Almost all the other cars on the road have headlights and indicators that don't work and a unique approach to lane discipline.

You pull into the retail park (urgh) and the first thing you see is plenty of empty spaces and THIS.

post-5335-0-74613200-1449191583_thumb.jpg

post-5335-0-96289100-1449191590_thumb.jpg

Spectacular!  Judging by the crust of mould on the steering wheel I reckon this has just come out of storage.  Interior was grey with red tartan insets and the glass brown tinted.  The grille badge was red.  Thank you, shite gods.

So.. I ran out of clean cutlery and decided to put the dishwasher on, had ran out of dishwasher tablets,so squirted rinse aid all over the plates and filled the container up and then squirted fairy liquid all over everything.

About an hour later I went to make a cup of tea and found the kitchen floor looked like an Ibiza dancefloor.

I'm going to go to bed and forget about it and hope it's resolved itself in the morning

Dishwasher ? what witchcraft is this ???

You did the right thing. When my dishwasher plays up I leave her to it as well.

Dishwasher ? what witchcraft is this ???

Correct dishwasher operation is vital shite fettling skill!

Dishwashers are really good for cleaning plastic car parts. Lenses, mirror housings, air boxes, manifolds, switch buttons, gear knobs, glove box doors. If it is plastic or glass I would not clean it any other way!

Don't try with metal unless you KNOW it is stainless steel.

I've come up with a foolproof* way of gaining riches. Bought 2 x £25 loan parts on funding secure this morning. They're activated today, and you get 30 days interest instantly. Put them on the secondary market and flogged in 10 minutes.

73p profit for effectively doing sod all. This time next year etc

Interesting site and method of investing cash for a year or two. I may be coming to you for a mutual referral bonus in the new year.

I loved the ending of that episode although it wasn't a total surprise, I'm looking forwards to the Xmas special to see what happened afterwards.

I know what you mean but it was very well acted, I thought. Toby Jones has been brilliant in it.

Insurance grin just for a change. Just renewed my trade insurance and due to the company I used to be with packing in doing trade policies I am now with LV. Just rang their MID update center and got a really helpful lady who updated it straight away and before I even got off the phone the 806 I am picking up tomorrow was on the database. Bet the DVLA aren't that quick with the road tax

My neighbour was out with this old Panhard earlier....Dyna X I think?. I had only ever seen it under a tarp in his garage and assumed it was a Renault 4cv from the shape. Its lovely.

He was making a half-assed attempt to polish it with BandX t-cut, but the paint is rough as hell - looks like its another he has brush painted with hammerite.

post-17837-0-85933800-1449248903_thumb.jpg

post-17837-0-10290800-1449249048_thumb.jpg

Day off today, so lazy day. Bright and sunny so decided to take the 2cv to waitrose - started ok after petrol got through as its been a while, then notice clock is a hour ahead so I've not been in it since the end of October! Petrol sender has definitely given up the ghost though- no flicker of working at all now.