What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Sorry, this is a bit of a name dropping luvvie type post.

Well, I was chatting with Charlotte Church after offering her a brew when she came off stage. She looked cold so I offered her a warm up in my bus. (Really, not a euphonium)

She really is a down to earth kind of girl. Quite, quite normal. Oh for another universe...

It's nice to see that there are some people who could be called celebrities out there who in real life are just like you and me.

I had the misfortune to run in to her several times a few years ago (long story) she was one of the most unpleasant people I have ever met. Maybe she's mellowed a bit in the intervening period or maybe her political ambitions have changed how she speaks to people

I have just received in the post, a Christmas card from my mate Sidney. Sidney is a dog. I sponsor him at Dogs trust (yes, me alone, I am NOT one of countless faceless thousands all bunging the wretched mutt dosh on a regular basis! :)   )  it has cheered me up no end.... I will at least get ONE card this Christmas!

black humour is for winners. A mate had his right hand blown off by an IED in Helmand. Went to see him in Selley Oak, "fuck mate, you ok?" etc

Then I offered him £15 for his Xbox.

His mum went ballistic. He laughed until he choked.

Years ago the wife and I went to visit my mother in hospital after an opp, we walked in and she was sitting there drinking tea, when the wife asked how she was mother replied I'm over the moon, this kind of put is at ease so wife said yes your looking OK, mother replied I've been trying for years to loose a couple of stone and now I finally have I can start dancing again, we tried not to laugh right up to the point she asked the consultant if she could take her amputated leg home.

The old lady had a weird sense of humour.

I have just received in the post, a Christmas card from my mate Sidney. Sidney is a dog. I sponsor him at Dogs trust (yes, me alone, I am NOT one of countless faceless thousands all bunging the wretched mutt dosh on a regular basis! :)   )  it has cheered me up no end.... I will at least get ONE card this Christmas!

well done xtriple

Guide dogs for the blind do a fairly sensible dog sponsor system. You sponsor a named dog for 2 years at about £8 a month.

You get updates on the dog and at the end of 2 years they tell you about the next puppies for training and you may select a new dog or cancel.

Each dog needs about 150 sponsors to pay for the training and they have a waiting list of thousands of people wanting a guide dog

I'm not Copen with the Vampire real lamps on that Copen. It's like the ones on that new lexus saloon that taper away it just looks weird.

I see Fiat are bringing out a new Spider too. I'm not even going to offer 5p for anyone who can guess what it's based on as it's flippin obvious.

spider-overview-exterior-09.jpg

Marina?

I have just received in the post, a Christmas card from my mate Sidney. Sidney is a dog. I sponsor him at Dogs trust (yes, me alone, I am NOT one of countless faceless thousands all bunging the wretched mutt dosh on a regular basis! :) ) it has cheered me up no end.... I will at least get ONE card this Christmas!

We sponsor a german shepherd called kala from dogs trust

We 'adopted' an alpaca for someone at work who thinks their cool, the pack came through today. The person who did the order* forgot to put any punctuation on the certificate, which now looks shit. Colleague is the sort who will pick up on it too.

*I placed the order. Im hoping it bugs him all fucking year! He got an alpaca fur bookmark and 2 fridge magnets out of it though, and could go and see Gary, although he is in north yorkshire which would be 3 tanks of pez in his crv...

We 'adopted' an alpaca for someone at work who thinks their cool, the pack came through today. The person who did the order* forgot to put any punctuation on the certificate, which now looks shit. Colleague is the sort who will pick up on it too.

*I placed the order. Im hoping it bugs him all fucking year! He got an alpaca fur bookmark and 2 fridge magnets out of it though, and could go and see Gary, although he is in north yorkshire which would be 3 tanks of pez in his crv...

My sister likes giraffes so one christmas I sponsored a giraffe (one a reserve in Africa) for her as a present.

She got quarterly updates, was very happy and did say that she believed her giraffe was real as the photos were of a very amateur standard.

Well, welded up a few holes in the exhaust today ready for the MOT tommorow, also knocked out the lower engine mount and made a new one. Thought I was sorted.

Air Con pump spat its bearings on the road on the way home, followed by a rear trailing arm bush shitting itself over some speedbumps.

Freezing bloody cold and it's blowing a gale and a half outside so I and two fat mutts are snuggled under a duvet eating a HUGE tub of Ben and Jerrys cookie dough ice cream.... Phoebe has an ice cream chin!

I must turn the heating on soon....

It's freezing cold and you're eating ice cream? :shock: I hope you nuked it first...

I hope you mean you're in your house and not in your... oh, no, can't be.

Just a wee small smile: I needed to drill a 3mm hole in a 12mm shaft earlier, so I reached for my box of drill bits I have here and, of course, all the bits down that end are either missing or blunt as. 3mm drill bit? Check. Blunt as arseholes? Double-check. So, with nothing to loose, I got my angle grinder with a cutting disk in it and had a go at sharpening it. Now I've had some success with larger drill bits but at 3mm I can hardly see the thing, let alone where the flats are meant to be. Plus the chances of cooking it and destroying the temper are pretty much certain. But I gave it a go, what the hey? And would you bloody believe it if I said it went straight through the shaft? I R surprised!

Freezing bloody cold and it's blowing a gale and a half outside so I and two fat mutts are snuggled under a duvet eating a HUGE tub of Ben and Jerrys cookie dough ice cream.... Phoebe has an ice cream chin!

I must turn the heating on soon....

This little vignette becomes far more interesting if you drop the assumption that "mutts" refer to actual canines.