The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

PXL_20230128_154334697.thumb.jpg.cb676ae054ea62d993eb9a10ab324560.jpg

Been down to Bridgwater to pick up this blue Civic for my mate. He's chuffed. Manual! 

102k, was owned by a giffer until the mid teens when she left it in her will to her mechanic, who sold it on to prevent his son ruining it. 

A bloke bought it, kept it four years then his 23 year old son ran it for a bit. He's now upgraded to an E46 328ci so the Civic was up for sale. Top notch seller tbh. 

Saw the ex-HMC Chevy pickup going up the M5, as well as some legend A-framing an MG Metro with a Rover 45 😁

On 1/27/2023 at 4:21 PM, egg said:

Yes, I find OEM parts desks (mostly) catastrophically unhelpful when asking for small bits in recent years, but maybe that's just me! It's a very generic Kia/Hyundai part, so think this Kia Sportage one will fit (new clamp and bolt).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274096842522

I asked Kia for a flasher relay recently 

Their helpful answer - 

"Nope, it's obsolete, infinite back order and it's highly unlikely it will come back in to stock. You probably won't find one anywhere else m8 either because I know what they're like to get bits for" 

🤦

He must have been having a bad day, or just being a typical parts advisor. One was duly found and bought from eBay 5 minutes later!

54 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Oh God.

Escaped unscathed, and both cars have made it home. That manual Civic is a real gem and isn't going to need much to be a cracker. It's had a series of caring owners with no intention to modify it at all - even has the original radio.

7 hours ago, Ghosty said:

PXL_20230128_154334697.thumb.jpg.cb676ae054ea62d993eb9a10ab324560.jpg

Been down to Bridgwater to pick up this blue Civic for my mate. He's chuffed. Manual! 

102k, was owned by a giffer until the mid teens when she left it in her will to her mechanic, who sold it on to prevent his son ruining it. 

A bloke bought it, kept it four years then his 23 year old son ran it for a bit. He's now upgraded to an E46 328ci so the Civic was up for sale. Top notch seller tbh. 

Saw the ex-HMC Chevy pickup going up the M5, as well as some legend A-framing an MG Metro with a Rover 45 😁

Hello, this is me!

Been determined to find a  4G Civic since experiencing the joy of driving Ghosty's sedan quite a few times last year for various events and road trips.

Ghosty saw it on Marketplace earlier this week, I was calm and considered with the seller who couldn't have been nicer, and actually ignored the 'I'll give you an insulting amount cash today mate' brigade because he clocked I was coming down from Manchestoh to view it. It would've been wrong to haggle him down even for a couple of hundred pounds given how positive the entire experience was.

Other than a few small items which need some attention (non-oily, but I'll do  filters, belts, fluids, water pump too) it's absolutely spot-on. It's in rude health and drives just like a happy one should. I'm absolutely over the moon with it.