The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Going to look at a Bedford CF with a "dodge box" on the back on Sunday.

Available for cheaps due to non runner. Fuel pump issues. Belongs to a mate who has had enough.

Available for £300 without the fittings inside.

Anybody after a CF pickup or camper, it'd be perfect.

Let me know by PM if any interest

• Like 1

Well... Mike finally won against the stubborn bolt and we had the suspension back together in about half an hour.  Spare Princess steels are bathing in Kurust and will be painted tomorrow in readiness for their new tyres fitted.  To balance this all out the Council have decided in their infinite wisdom that they want lots of money off us because I earn too much now, which... well... that's bittersweet.

Headspace not so great either so even though some stuff is going well, feeling like a bit of a trainwreck tonight.  Not sure how much it'll help to say but there, I've said it.

Going to look at a Bedford CF with a "dodge box" on the back on Sunday.

Available for cheaps due to non runner. Fuel pump issues. Belongs to a mate who has had enough.

Available for £300 without the fittings inside.

Anybody after a CF pickup or camper, it'd be perfect.

Let me know by PM if any interest

Can you PM me details and a photo

• Like 1

"The new M.GO.3 from Microcar sets new standards in the small car sector. With flowing style, new standards of engine refinement with fuel injection. And above all the space, which is truly amazing.

Compact on the outside, spacious on the inside, it comes with all the equipment needed for the safety and comfort of driver and passenger.

This is a car designed for today's lifestyle. It is agile and convenient for zipping around town. It handles amazingly well, while inspiring confidence with its robust design and safety features. Easy to drive, easy to park, easy to handle in traffic, M.GO.3 is also a perfect solution to today's environmental issues,

with its low CO2 emissions."

Anyone had a go in one of these?

• Like 2

I was washing the 75 tonight after driving home from the train station and I noticed that there was a faint whiff of brake lining from the osr wheel. Is this 75 going to reperform all of the issues that my first example was afflicted with but instead spacing them at infuriating intervals as opposed to all at once?

Anyhow I plan to ignore it for now and fix the thermostat.

My thinking was based on those headlamp bulbs but now you mention it the last time I visited my Aunt Tunbridge Wells traffic at 5pm was awful.  My cousin cunningly found a route that avoided the worst of it by using a narrow road with passing places through a wood which was highly entertaining to follow him down in a high top van.

• Like 3

I'm just happy it wasn't a moose. I've seen them bigger than my car.

Thinking about it the 'wedgeness' of MX-3 probably also helped with damage limitation.

Might not have come off well if you'd been driving a Merc A-class.....

• Like 2

My thinking was based on those headlamp bulbs but now you mention it the last time I visited my Aunt Tunbridge Wells traffic at 5pm was awful.  My cousin cunningly found a route that avoided the worst of it by using a narrow road with passing places through a wood which was highly entertaining to follow him down in a high top van.

Driving a van through there, I'm surprised he wasn't flagged down by the Doggers.

• Like 1

My thinking was based on those headlamp bulbs but now you mention it the last time I visited my Aunt Tunbridge Wells traffic at 5pm was awful. My cousin cunningly found a route that avoided the worst of it by using a narrow road with passing places through a wood which was highly entertaining to follow him down in a high top van.

I think I know where you mean. Waze sent me that way in heavy traffic once. Big high wall right by the road as well?

I go through there quite a lot and I've never understood its bizarre localised traffic problem. I'm convinced the residents of Tunbridge Wells and Southborough just spend their free time driving back and forth from one end of the place to the other.

• Like 1

My boxing coach just told me he's off to collect his new car later today...an MG3

A man of distinction and taste.

• Like 3

stillOrange, that was a close call with the moosey there. Good to see you made it out in one piece.

They're common over here too, and we have a dedicated road sign for them. It's used in places with a high probablility of moose crossing the road. I've seen a couple of them putting along by the road myself through the years, and you always want to slam the brakes the instant you see one, as you never know when they decide to cross the road, as they're apparently totally oblivious to any vehicles passing. The hunting season is presently on, so they're even more likely to jump the road.

I remember reading an article about moose and car safety and someone said the problem with moose are that they are 500lb sausage held up on four sticks at exactly the right height to clear your bonnet and go straight into your windscreen. Further, if you survive getting a moose through the windscreen you will never get all the moose out of your interior and it stinks.

• Like 1

I was washing the 75 tonight after driving home from the train station and I noticed that there was a faint whiff of brake lining from the osr wheel. Is this 75 going to reperform all of the issues that my first example was afflicted with but instead spacing them at infuriating intervals as opposed to all at once?

Anyhow I plan to ignore it for now and fix the thermostat.

Yes, must mean i am not the only person that washes there 75 in the dark  :mrgreen: