HMC- XK8 Vs EV face off

HMC

The papal (ie holey) P6 was used as school run transport for my Russian comrades teenage daughter today…

IMG_6717.jpeg.7d476d626ec7333b1b304c52833edd54.jpeg

Said teenager wanted to be dropped before the gates to not be associated with us. This could be the look of 1960s modernism in 4 wheeled form, the noise (blowing manifold gasket) or possibly the chauffeur’s shoes 😂

IMG_6718.jpeg.b33c08ff2ef32f29c07cb4368c7f72c6.jpeg

I also passed by my favoured welders / car restoration shop- because the sills are not good, as i knew, and as i have seen and felt.  After much sucking of teeth Steve agreed a notional ball park price, and for the work to be pencilled in over the winter. Now ive got to keep it that long 😂

• HMC changed the title to HMC- P6 Rover- ex Vatican
4 hours ago, HMC said:

The papal (ie holey) P6 was used as school run transport for my Russian comrades teenage daughter today…

Said teenager wanted to be dropped before the gates to not be associated with us. This could be the look of 1960s modernism in 4 wheeled form, the noise (blowing manifold gasket) or possibly the chauffeur’s shoes 😂

I also passed by my favoured welders / car restoration shop- because the sills are not good, as i knew, and as i have seen and felt.  After much sucking of teeth Steve agreed a notional ball park price, and for the work to be pencilled in over the winter. Now ive got to keep it that long 😂

Pity. Maybe one day she'll appreciate her transport for the event.

4 hours ago, HMC said:

15 hours ago, HMC said:

They are a nice thing a P6, every time i see one in the metal i just think they're uber cool. Quite an early facelift one too that one.

On 02/07/2024 at 22:00, HMC said:

interior details….

IMG_6696.jpeg.97cada0a8f61b59113fa00d1302551c8.jpeg

IMG_6703.jpeg.e24f94490530a27bc5bcb48658fbaf46.jpeg

IMG_6704.jpeg.f579b4107640511b82e4418ffd7e9724.jpeg

How have I missed this thread !

A red P6 interior, oh wow that's proper horn inducing.

Very nice.

18 hours ago, HMC said:

Said teenager wanted to be let out of the boot before the gates

Hang on a minute.... 

Haven't I seen this somewhere before? Transporter_3_poster_edit_17606258687417.jpg.12c581b121afee38f116e1efe8e3bffe.jpg 

That Orion is the same age and spec as the hateful piece of shit I had 20 odd years ago. And now they’re retro-rides sticker wearing and cool or something.

(No, they’re shit)

The photos dont quite capture the grubbiness…

IMG_6746.jpeg.1a3e2f5f076eec2a805d7575391acce4.jpeg

IMG_6751.jpeg.329c41142555e3131b3868f689518f30.jpeg

I put it through a car wash, (after jiggling some wires to make the window go back) Then wet wiped and quickly vacuumed the interior, and went on you tube to figure out how to disable the window bonging warning.

IMG_6748.jpeg.ae73bf90e2661971111604ea2a396f8e.jpeg

IMG_6749.jpeg.8b65ed77db62ea8187f7f7b3314d8549.jpeg

IMG_6754.jpeg.75b63d91119da55d9db9e3ac1a46a23b.jpeg

• HMC changed the title to HMC- £500 Range rover

Window set is just a hold all the way down, wait 2 seconds with the switch pressed down then hold all the way up.

Friend in Lancashire has one he’s breaking if you need window etc. think he has the Westminster? trim too along with a stainless rear exhaust for burble. His has been off the road for a decade and he’s finally binning it.

Gzongenflatch
In memory of Phil.

8 hours ago, Tayne said:

Window set is just a hold all the way down, wait 2 seconds with the switch pressed down then hold all the way up.

Thanks, the switch pack on the centre console is partly broken so i had to do a bit of jiggling around of the connections to do it, got there in the end!

10 hours ago, HMC said:

The photos dont quite capture the grubbiness…

Oh yes they do ... ;-) 

It’s green and has the right colour hide.

£800, some old gentleman’s reading material, some size 9 tigers in yellow, a bottle of stoli and some midget gems is all I can find down the sofa to clinch a sale?

10 minutes ago, GeordieInExile said:

And bunting!

..... to celebrate the Tory win !

🚙💨

2 hours ago, HMC said:

Drizzle, and a p6

IMG_6770.jpeg.84170a0fef90bbb44346aa4aacc110e1.jpeg

So British 😂

Don't trust the handbrake?

2 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

On a P6? No. Inboard disks with 'automatic' adjusters, only they don't always adjust. I used to have the tool for winding the calipers back. Don't ask me where it is now though.

34 minutes ago, 2flags said:

On a P6? No. Inboard disks with 'automatic' adjusters, only they don't always adjust. I used to have the tool for winding the calipers back. Don't ask me where it is now though.

Yep, I know. Oh, not where your tool is though...

Bloke round the corner from me always parks his transit like that, well more aggressively turned in to the kerb. That road is flat, though.

10 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

..... to celebrate the Tory win !

🚙💨

No - it's an old Devonian device that (allegedly) will attract sunshine.
Also reputed to keep Grockles on the west side of the border with Cornwall.

Neither seem to be working well this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Handily as its an auto i can rely on the transmission lock out. Its a bit of a habit i have on older cars though whenever i park on an incline.

Actually, and strangely the hand brake is great on this. The po recently had the (inboard) rear  brakes overhauled. Thats one area that often gets neglected on a p6. 

IMG_6721.jpeg.7be0c34feb7652e90ccfa3b604571014.jpeg

6 minutes ago, HMC said:

Thats one area that often gets neglected on a p6. 

That's because it is (by reputation) an utter, utter, utter b'stad to work on.
In reality it's less hassle than (say) the transmission handbrake on a Land Rover of the same age and once you've seen one you know what you're about.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

That's because it is (by reputation) an utter, utter, utter b'stad to work on.
In reality it's less hassle than (say) the transmission handbrake on a Land Rover of the same age and once you've seen one you know what you're about.

In my experience so far with mine, it would be only slightly irritating if the De Dion tube across the back didn't preclude just slipping under the car from the back.  So you absolutely have to jack up and support it or get it on ramps to have any hope of getting to anything.

Guessing that's Arctic White?  Pretty sure that's the colour that mine was when it left the factory before being repainted in a warmer white at some point.

How many P6s do we have on here now?  At least three or four if I remember right.

• Like 1