Great number plates - got any?

outlaw118

Followed a Citroen tonight, reg number was SJII954

So they wanted SJI 1954

Nothing wrong with that,but my brain can't work out how it was originally spaced

It's a 7 digit reg, so I can't work out how they got this combination of letters and numbers

S reg would be S,number,number,number,letter,letter,letter

Or pre 62 would be 3 letters/3numbers

Or 4numbers/2 letters. Etc

Yeah, my P38 used to say that if I reset the trip computer while coasting down a hill.

Only car I've ever run out of fuel in because I couldn't/ didn't believe it had managed to consume so much.  Twice  :roll:  :oops:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this whilst out earlier, might be its the guy who owns Icelan as he lives locally to this picture. second cheap food related Bentley in a row!

Apologies for the terrible photo, it's as good as I could manage with two boisterous Whippets tugging my arm!!

post-18217-0-52227200-1433874320_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I used to have DDT 95 C on an NSU moped, made people chuckle but back then I didn't know DDT was an insecticide spray so when my little two stroker was smoking out the street I wasn't in on the joke ;)

TOP20 used to be on a triumph [i think] motorcycle.

In our village there's C16 on a modern Audi, and then we saw K5 last year at a little veteran car do up the road. 1HOG cannot be original to this oldie, but it amused me nonetheless. 

Around here its normal to be overtaken by Mr Actuary or Ms Solicitor commuting to or from Leeds or York from rural Yorkshire, where they've moved to and then complain about the sound of the church bells, or cows and birds waking them up etc, knocking on doors to get up a petition to complain about the small development of "affordable" homes thats proposed [only this week that happened I kid you not], usually in a new blandmobile with obligatory almost nonsensical inital emulating private, so I have kind of stopped even remembering them.

post-17623-0-56911900-1434455084_thumb.jpg

post-17623-0-09744900-1434455169_thumb.jpg

Behind a Range Rover Sport, black, ginormous chrome wheels etc. Not surprised that it had something like VEE8 on the yellow plate. Was surprised that the front plate was a normal **64*** number. ???

Saw FX2 on an autoshite coloured Land Rover today , covered in crud , bet the plates worth shite more than what its on 

Behind a Range Rover Sport, black, ginormous chrome wheels etc. Not surprised that it had something like VEE8 on the yellow plate. Was surprised that the front plate was a normal **64*** number. ???

VEE8 is on a Merc C250 Diesel..... so I don't know who is the bigger muppet between those two!

• Like 1

That London? Possibly a diplomat's - a lot of embassies had plates reserved for the ambassador's transport. 

French Embassy has FRA 1 on a C5, etc.

A few years back I bought a rather knackered W-reg Focus.  As it cost a not insignificant sum at the time I ran a HPI check on it and discovered that for a couple of years from new it had the numberplate P6 POO.  Apparently this is now on a 1996 Audi S3 Quattro.  I cannot fathom who would want that on their car unless perhaps they run a sewage company.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...