Jump to content

Dumped cars in your area


Recommended Posts

Posted
On 29/03/2026 at 22:36, Markeh said:

For those struggling to read the bonnet it says CHEATER.

 

8 hours ago, bunglebus said:

I've seen that a few times working at car dealers when someone's been a naughty boy or girl 

Some people take Tiddlywinks really seriously. 

Posted
21 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Gonna do it up M9

PXL_20260504_120558295.jpg

PXL_20260504_120603668.jpg

That reminds me of the slow decline of a Munter local to me. The map dates tell a sad story. I wish the GoogleMobile had taken a photo around 2020 - the poor old thing was absolutely hanging by that point. 

Screenshot_20260505_184049_Maps.jpg

Screenshot_20260505_184020_Maps.jpg.e45037b3d5b3d6992bab9e2d8a203787.jpg

Screenshot_20260505_184036_Maps.jpg

  • Sad 2
Posted
1 hour ago, Missy Charm said:

That's a shame.  Anyone got any ideas about the thing on the far right?  Looks vaguely American to me, but at the same time isn't big enough to be a fifties Chrysler or whatever.  I also don't think it's a Standard Vanguard.  Did anyone else 'do' inverted bathtub styling over here?  

I think it’s 1940s American as they didn’t get substantially bigger than European cars until the early to mid 1950s.

Albeit to be the same length as a VW Caddy (which I’m assuming from the pic) it’s possible it’s also missing some of its front end. 

  • Like 1
Posted
4 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

I think it’s 1940s American as they didn’t get substantially bigger than European cars until the early to mid 1950s.

Albeit to be the same length as a VW Caddy (which I’m assuming from the pic) it’s possible it’s also missing some of its front end. 

I think its a Standard Vanguard with a tacky vinyl roof.  Some of the Phase 1s had that style of bumper and boot handle.

ebay508984.jpg

 

 

 

Posted

Yes, that looks it could be it - some sort of mild custom maybe with the round rear lights.
A vinyl roof implies it was customised a long time ago….although I thought it was rust initially 😀!
 

Posted
3 hours ago, Mr Pastry said:

I think its a Standard Vanguard with a tacky vinyl roof.  Some of the Phase 1s had that style of bumper and boot handle.

ebay508984.jpg

 

 

 

Not sure, rear hinged front doors? Looks French to me

Posted

I assume supermarkets/retail parks must suffer with dumped cars occasionally but this is the first time I've witnessed double dumped Griffins.

IMG_20260508_101626692.jpg.ad8e7d6fcf84c20cc25b45e86683dc68.jpg

 

The 09 plate is very cosmetically challenged. A quick glance at the 14 plate shows it to be in much better condition.

IMG_20260508_101634915.jpg.9a3deaeb3da2a930a182acbcb87a74ed.jpg

Both had this notice on them. V odd 2 abandoned AVAS side by side.

Can't be arsed to check if they are taxed & tested. There are a few scrapers within a couple of miles the supermarket - why didn't the owners just drive them there for the quids?!

  • Like 2
Posted
5 hours ago, auntiemaryscanary said:

I assume supermarkets/retail parks must suffer with dumped cars occasionally but this is the first time I've witnessed double dumped Griffins.

IMG_20260508_101626692.jpg.ad8e7d6fcf84c20cc25b45e86683dc68.jpg

 

The 09 plate is very cosmetically challenged. A quick glance at the 14 plate shows it to be in much better condition.

IMG_20260508_101634915.jpg.9a3deaeb3da2a930a182acbcb87a74ed.jpg

Both had this notice on them. V odd 2 abandoned AVAS side by side.

Can't be arsed to check if they are taxed & tested. There are a few scrapers within a couple of miles the supermarket - why didn't the owners just drive them there for the quids?!

Free recovery off motorway drop off point?

A friend has the contract to remove them from the local supermarket, that's where most come from.

Posted
14 hours ago, DodgeRover said:

Free recovery off motorway drop off point?

A friend has the contract to remove them from the local supermarket, that's where most come from.

If this is the Morrisons I think it is, it being round the corner from BCA is probably a factor!

  • Like 3
Posted
22 hours ago, auntiemaryscanary said:

I assume supermarkets/retail parks must suffer with dumped cars occasionally but this is the first time I've witnessed double dumped Griffins.

IMG_20260508_101626692.jpg.ad8e7d6fcf84c20cc25b45e86683dc68.jpg

 

The 09 plate is very cosmetically challenged. A quick glance at the 14 plate shows it to be in much better condition.

IMG_20260508_101634915.jpg.9a3deaeb3da2a930a182acbcb87a74ed.jpg

Both had this notice on them. V odd 2 abandoned AVAS side by side.

Can't be arsed to check if they are taxed & tested. There are a few scrapers within a couple of miles the supermarket - why didn't the owners just drive them there for the quids?!

Both MOT'd..zaffy till next year, t'other till next month

  • Like 1
Posted
3 hours ago, Markeh said:

If this is the Morrisons I think it is, it being round the corner from BCA is probably a factor!

It is! I'd not thought about the auction place next door. Somebody bought a couple of lemons or hasn't had time to come back for them I reckon.

Posted

This poor Bentley GT Continental is parked up a couple of minutes down the road from me.  It’s been like this for a while and needs love.

IMG_7020.jpeg.83a55045f4e3d77958bd2d289b6a97fc.jpeg

  • Like 2
Posted

Decided to take the bus into town on Friday, there is a complicated reason as to why, but oddly, I felt less pressured whilst about town. Except for actually having to share the bus with noisy twats on the way in and a full bus on the way back.

Whilst in town, I spotted this:

20260508_140336(0).jpg.0aee61300ba51542843dc6bc51ea89c8.jpg

Looks like its been there a fair while. 

A few weeks ago when I went to get the boot tray from Halesowen, I spotted this:

20260428_114100.jpg.6dbf870e280bf18d6e89ed095e11d392.jpg

Not sure if its an AMG/430. I suspect it might be a big engined model but with no plate, I'm can't tell. 

In 2022 on Street View, it shows it being worked on:

Screenshot_20260510_133623_Maps.jpg.fbc4c8f4db4c47a42ceec0a496a56fd0.jpg

Screenshot_20260510_133647_Maps.jpg.1572c3a817a1225a6202a309b2669e64.jpg

It appears to have either lost or had it's bonnet gun sight removed.

Now, I recognise the driveway, at some point in 2019/2020, I was doing Chinese food deliveries around the local area and remember coming across this Rover, which is where the Merc is now:

20200322_133223.thumb.jpg.7752d05711a082fd81c1b52ea81b884c.jpg

  • Like 4
Posted

Tesco Extra, Lincoln. Baby seat in the back

PXL_20260514_100418830.jpg

PXL_20260514_100424957.jpg

I just see this as a new car, but it's 18 years old

Posted

Spotted this moggy near me.

IMG_20260515_182611.jpg

  • Like 3
Posted

No photo, but a 57 plate S60 or S80 got lifted by the council the other week after a fortnight of being sat at the other end of my road with a flat tyre, both passenger side windows and the rear window broken.

Posted

Looks like these 2CVs haven’t moved far in ages. First pic I took in May 2020, second is today.  

IMG_0505.jpeg

IMG_1235.jpeg

Posted
12 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Nice array of cacti in the top window!

Looks like they haven't moved in years either.

Posted

In the early 80s my Dad worked with the owner of this Capri, when it was still his daily driver. Words from 2022 local paper article:

The grandson of a man who owned a 'Swindon landmark' has finally revealed why his grandad left his iconic car on his driveway for over 30 years.  The Ford Capri in Old Town gained fame among locals who often wondered why it was left untouched for decades. 

And the car caused another stir over the weekend after it was removed from the Deacon Street driveway it sat on for 32 years.  Jordan Davis was surprised by the high interest in his grandad's story and decided to put the many rumours to bed.

Noel Jones, who was well-known in Swindon, died earlier this year. He bought the Capri in 1972 and travelled in style for 18 years until he was forced to stop driving because of a slipped disc.  "He paid more for the car than he did his own house and he got it brand new out of a show room," Jordan said.  "It was his pride and joy and he didn’t want to get rid of it.  "The reason it was left for wear and tear for such a long time was for a completely different reason than what everyone thinks. "It was not because of the various amount of stories people have come up with like it was his son's or it had history to do with his wife.”

"The main reason was because he didn’t want anyone reversing on his drive because there’s no parking in the town centre - as funny as it sounds! It was literally that simple."
He loved to travel and drove his MK1 Capri around Europe.

IMG_3120.jpeg

IMG_1593.jpeg

IMG_3121.jpeg

Posted

I remember reading about this.  Its a really interesting story, but it also goes to show, a lot of cars like these don't have terribly "soap" like stories behind them, they're obviously just simply kept because someone likes them and that's it. No big elaborate or emotional stories that are usually made up by social media dwellers.

Posted

No picture and not seen if it's still there, but it was about 10 days ago - a Mondeo ST of some description in the middle of the Wheatcroft island on the A52 south of Nottingham. It's not uncommon for these roundabouts to grow cars, as a Scirocco spent a few weeks on the Nottingham Knight roundabout further up one new year!

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
1 hour ago, bunglebus said:

Asda car park in Shirley 

PXL_20260610_102729311.jpg

PXL_20260610_102739615.jpg

 

 

image.png.a6d60439ee3fe1e7ca06bd46371945ce.png

Has that potentially been sat there for 7 years?

 

Posted
1 hour ago, Steviemillar said:

image.png.a6d60439ee3fe1e7ca06bd46371945ce.png

Has that potentially been sat there for 7 years?

 

really, really bad smell coming from the boot ? .....

  • Haha 1
Posted

Seems a shame that one, looks like a tidy car with personal plate. I wonder if the owner became ill and no-one's come back for it

Posted

Free public car park in Handcross, West Sussex.

PXL_20260531_164547518.jpg.ef966c5c7a87592dad4f58e26de40a8d.jpg

  • Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...