Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - what date should the next FoD be?

Six-cylinder

Mmmm Cadillac!

What’s happening on Friday? I have the day off so can be about from the mid-afternoon onward. 

I will also bring that 1980s Blaupunkt Melbourne radio/cassette with me, we can try it in something to see if it is alive.

Was it the Metro you wanted the period radio for? 

23 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Mmmm Cadillac!

What’s happening on Friday? I have the day off so can be about from the mid-afternoon onward. 

I will be about Friday afternoon and we may move a few cars if it is dry.

I also have to collect the Cadillac from Milton Keynes.

Not sure if I can be of help with moving much stuff from storage unless the temporary cover people have become a bit more flexible on vehicle age. The only things that might work would be the 330ci, 156, V70 and Rangey - not sure what age any of those other than the RR are though. Happy to ferry people around, though. 

13 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Not sure if I can be of help with moving much stuff from storage unless the temporary cover people have become a bit more flexible on vehicle age. The only things that might work would be the 330ci, 156, V70 and Rangey - not sure what age any of those other than the RR are though. Happy to ferry people around, though. 

in my poking of their system Veygo will quote pretty much anything younger then 40 years old, which lines up with their eligibility requirements mentioned online, anything older does get recognised but automatically rejected

image.thumb.png.b855ef0b4a7f89f45586f9bb234898b9.png

the oldest of @Six-cylinder cars I am able to get a quote on (from a brief selection, a couple weeks back) was the LNA amusingly :) although thats technically slightly over 40 years old, so would it still be covered? 

(normally anything over 40 years old gets recognised but rejected, but the LNA it will happily quote me on and looks like I could indeed purchase temporary cover for it which tickles me :))

8 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

will quote pretty much anything younger then 40 years old,

In my experience using their app you can usually get a quote but an error message comes up on the last screen before payment and you can't go any further. The oldest car I've insured was 20 years, but I haven't tried anything older recently as I've had no cause to. 

• Like 1

My current insurance for the BMW covers for "3rd party driving another vehicle" Its Esure.  Some time ago I got  a short term insurance when I borrowed a friend's van to bring a motorcycle to the FOD. It only cost a couple of quid for a day. Think it might have been LVE. There were no special conditions,  I just used the company I had then for the BMW.

34 minutes ago, bobdisk said:

"3rd party driving another vehicle"

Age is on your side Bob 😉

I'm not aware of any insurers that provide this for under-25s, if there was I'd happily pay the extra though! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Crackers said:

I'm not aware of any insurers that provide this for under-25s, if there was I'd happily pay the extra though! 

I’m 22 and have driving other cars through Sterling insurance £340 for the Austin 

46 minutes ago, Weird Car said:

I’m 22 and have driving other cars through Sterling insurance £340 for the Austin 

Interesting, maybe I'll give them a shout for my next renewal. I did try them before for something but they couldn't quote iirc. 

6 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Interesting, maybe I'll give them a shout for my next renewal. I did try them before for something but they couldn't quote iirc. 

Also try Adrian flux as they offered DOC too they were a bit more expensive though at 500 a year 

55 minutes ago, Weird Car said:

Also try Adrian flux as they offered DOC too they were a bit more expensive though at 500 a year 

I didn't get DOC on the Flux policy I had a while back, they didn't offer it. 

9 hours ago, Crackers said:

Just be one of the crew stood just inside the gate ready for a driver change over, then the drivers get back for another load and you move the cars onto the field and wait for the next load? 

(I've never thought of an age limit in the other cars bit tbh... I've driven the toledo and gs under it to storage before 🤣... Might have a look one day) 

2 hours ago, Crackers said:

I’ve got this on our van insurance and paid an extra £24 to get it up to £20,000 worth of repair or replacement for the car that I’m borrowing too. I’m 25 - it’s rare but still exists! 

I'm happy to drive anything up to the indemnity limit on my trader's policy (so that's probably everything on that list other than the E Type, 308 and Rolls, and modern Rangie obvs).

I do quite fancy a go in the Visa, just to see what a good one should drive like...

• Like 2

A little job for the weekend is to gather together all oils etc on site.

I have bought an outside cupboard with the intension of storing oil and other inflammable liquids away from the barn. I have left oils in hedge rows to keep it out of the barn but have lost track of what I have in stock so need them all gathering together.

You could walk around the site carrying 20 Ltr containers or maybe it would be more fun to wake up our Jinling and drive them around!

Don’t forget to lube the chain before using the Jinling.

Plastic Cuboard.jpg

IMG_20220703_164330 broad.jpg

• Like 3

I'll be a day visitor on Saturday if that's alright.  Either in the Polo that I've spent two months fixing (HGF) or the Espace.  The latter might be better though as I could act as a shuttle service for the drivers collecting chod from storage.

• Like 4

On 08/08/2023 at 19:21, Six-cylinder said:

Jaguar  E Type red

On 08/08/2023 at 19:21, Six-cylinder said:

AC Invacar blue

@Andyrew dont suppose you feel like doing a clutch job on the Model 70 so I can get some flying shots of said Model 70 and the Jag E type together? :mrgreen:

always wanted to do a shot of "the AC and the Jag" together just for giggles :) because you can totally subvert peoples expectations with that! as I imagine most people will hear "AC and Jag" and think Cobra+E Type or such!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Crackers said:

I didn't get DOC on the Flux policy I had a while back, they didn't offer it. 

last renewal flux offered me DOC fully comp!

15 hours ago, Weird Car said:

7 minutes ago, Noel Tidybeard said:

last renewal flux offered me DOC fully comp!

Lucky buggers LOL I asked Flux (well ok Bikesure) about DOC last renewal and they just said nope!

wonder if Ill have any better luck next time round...

Just now, LightBulbFun said:

Lucky buggers LOL I asked Flux (well ok Bikesure) about DOC last renewal and they just said nope!

wonder if Ill have any better luck next time round...

You’ll do well to get DOC on a motorcycle insurance 😂 you technically might get ROB’s on a bike policy but you obviously couldn’t ride much, a 50/125 if you had a CBT but not much else on a car license!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

You’ll do well to get DOC on a motorcycle insurance 😂 you technically might get ROB’s on a bike policy but you obviously couldn’t ride much, a 50/125 if you had a CBT but not much else on a car license!

Yeah LOL but I have come to expect nothing when it comes to insurance! I mean everyone told me, including you yourself, that insurance would be an expensive nightmare, that no one would likely even quote

On 05/03/2019 at 22:14, JJ0063 said:

Insuring a Q plated car is difficult

Insuring something like this as an only car is difficult

Insuring on the road in London is difficult

Insuring as a young driver is difficult

Insuring as a provisional license holder isn’t difficult

Insuring this type of car as a provisional license holder is difficult

I’ll always try and help when it comes to insurance as I have others on here but it’d be virtually impossible for Dez to insure this.

If you can find somewhere free and local to keep it, you’re doing bloody well.

but far from it! its actually worked out much cheaper then any quote I have gotten on any 4 wheeled car!

so I am not complaining but yeah go figure that one out! :) 

wonder if I can get DOI, Drive other invalid vehicles? :mrgreen: 

Don't forget Your camera!

For anybody  who enjoys photography there are going to be 40 cars from a Citroen LNA to a Rolls Royce in a field that you can arrange as you please. Yes most drive and the others can be towed into a group or position of your choice, line them up by colour, age, nationality, brand or whether you like them.

You can take a car of your choice away from the group to do your details pictures.

Any artist out there who want to paint a picture of some or all of them is most welcome.

I only have a very average  bridge camera that I have always been disappointed in so I am relying on shiters to get those shots I treasure forever. 

z Photographer 01 broad.jpg

IMG_20230809_094259 broad.jpg

• Like 2

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - FoD Open Weekend 12/13 Aug - Don't forget Your best camera!