Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - what date should the next FoD be?

Six-cylinder

26 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Last day of July and it is raining again!

Well the good news is the Met office forecast for the Field of Dreams open weekend is sunshine all the Way.

Remember if it is dry then you will get to see all mine and Mrs6C toys that run all lined up in the FoD, you can move them around so you only photograph the ones you like or group them together for themed shots.

So cancel luxury holidays and come and sit in a field with us 12/13 August. We have the large field fire pit and a Rolls Royce to collect our Fish & Chip suppers!

Day/evening visitors also welcome. Bring your family, bring your pets.

Roll up, roll up the more the merrier. You are welcome to come and camp for an extended stay if you wish. In fact it would be useful to have some extra drivers on Friday to start to move the cars from my storage and house.

How much is this sceptical with extensive camping grounds going to cost, it’s a Autoshiters favourite price Free

Plenty of room for caravans and RVs and no rules to say no car camping. We have mains water and a composting toilet.

Just pm me for the address. Or any questions.

z BBC weather forecast.jpg

You know you kai boshed it don't you

@Mrs6C bat. Now.

30 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Last day of July and it is raining again!

So cancel luxury holidays and come and sit in a field with us 12/13 August. We have the large field fire pit and a Rolls Royce to collect our Fish & Chip suppers!

s this sceptical <<<<< yes

price Free

(Until you arrive)

Plenty of room for bekos etc

Re first paragraph

It IS a luxury being there no? :D

36 minutes ago, hairnet said:

I want to see beko not put the gear lever in the rolls up his trouser leg :D

Not gonna be there sadly. Can do all the other dates bar this one 🤣

I'd probably not drive it anyway, couldn't afford to repair it if I broke it 😂

Gutted that I can’t do this date either, but booked in to the 2CV club registers day, and as it’s my local group organising we’d better be there! 

On 29/07/2023 at 22:21, Six-cylinder said:

Terrible and Brabinger simply cannot turn the steering without the car moving.

FIFY

• Haha 1

Rolls Royces are so yesterday, it's all about the Carlton estate now!

Once again @ianbmw came round with the aim to drive the Carlton estate around our field.

The front pulleys needed refitting along with the fan and shroud.  Water hoses needed refitting, vacuum pipe replaced and an oil change. There were a few other detail items to attend too.

The fan etc was refitted and then it was started and driven up onto ramps for the oil change. Ian said it was the worst oil he had ever seen and I have to say it did look more like chocolate milk! We flushed some used engine oil through it to try and clear out the chocolate milk. Then new oil and filter and Ian took it for a first drive in the field.  He returned quite soon because it was getting hot and the thermostat was stuck closed. He removed the thermostat and did a full lap of the field and now it runs well if rather cool. It was too dark to film.

There is still a bit more to go like flushing a bit of leftover milkshake from the radiator and another oil change. The alternator belt is a bit loose. We need a new thermostat and crankshaft sensor as the current one has a dodgy connector that needs wiggling sometimes.

I think we can call this evening a success as the Carton Estate now drives under its own power.

IMG_20230731_195936 broad.jpg

IMG_20230731_200202 broad.jpg

IMG_20230731_203022 broad.jpg

IMG_20230731_205851 broad.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Open Weekend 12/13 August - Carlton Estate update, chocolate milk drained!

Awesome! I am enjoying the dogged perseverance with it! given its eaten its head gasket twice now! which someone might put up with on something like a Lotus Carlton, but I dont think anyone outside this forum would put up with it on a Vauxhall Carlton!

I mean even on here I have seen cars binned off for a lot less, but you and @RoverFolkUs seem to be turning that around which has been very awesome/fun to watch/read :) 

Looking to come up now, saturday am. May be camping again, will bring up the old mountain bike to give away as it’s taking up space and no interest locally.

photo when it was newer..

IMG_2476.jpeg

IMG_2257.jpeg

I collected the Citroen LNA today and it stills looks like a piece of poo! Turns out my very vague steering was simply where all the wearing parts of the front suspension had been replaced its tracking was miles out and now it drives ok.

IMG_20230801_142332 broad.jpg

• Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - Open Weekend 12/13 August - Citroen LNA back on the road!

Wet and windy today and I had 70 miles in two trips to do. Driving the LNA home from the garage was great yesterday so it has been the car of choice today. It has been good to drive it except the last 1/2 mile of this mornings 20 mile drive it refused to idle. 2 hours later it started fine and idled again for the rest of the day. 

IMG_20230801_143551 broad.jpg

Ah, one of *those* faults!  Hopefully just a bit of gunge in the carb from disuse and it will just get better with use once it's cleared its throat properly.

Not sure I've ever even seen an LNA in the metal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HMC said:

love the little citroen, it looks very french withbits front bumper end cap missing

The Factory build them out of a material that self destructs to get the look right!

9 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

Ah, one of *those* faults!  Hopefully just a bit of gunge in the carb from disuse and it will just get better with use once it's cleared its throat properly.

Not sure I've ever even seen an LNA in the metal.

We have had it 7 years but it got taken off the road after its recommioning because there was something wrong with the steering, then covid came. It was definitely one I should have never bought, that's the engine in the back. Now after a ton of effort I am now enjoying it! 

$_57 (3).JPG

I have had a problem with the Rolls Royce since the time I collected it, I can't see what is behind me or beside me. It has a tiny rear window with wrap around C pillars to provide anonymity for my important passengers, wheel arches that stick out and no side mirrors.

Most of that is fixed but I have managed to fit door mirrors using a clamp on type modified. I thought about wing mirrors but I am not keen on drilling holes in my front wings and  my experience from the Toledo says you don't see much with them anyway. 

IMG_20230730_093052 broad.jpg

IMG_20230803_092605 broad.jpg

IMG_20230803_092703 broad.jpg

IMG_20230803_155103 broad.jpg

3 minutes ago, richardmorris said:

Yes, you used one of the peasants - if they screamed you were too close.

Ah, that's why so many volunteers have been requested for this weekend - so that trials on the system can begin with plenty of knock-down fodder available! :)

10 hours ago, HMC said:

love the little citroen, it looks very french withbits front bumper end cap missing

I seem to remember @Six-cylinder wanting me to collect a new bumper in Wrexham a few years ago but they couldn’t find it or something.

1 minute ago, High Jetter said:

Ah, that's why so many volunteers have been requested for this weekend - so that trials on the system can begin with plenty of knock-down fodder available! :)

For some reason I’m imagining them strapped to the bumpers and squeaking like Gordon the gopher when hit.

• Haha 2

That little LNA is probably in my top 3 most desired cars on the forum, it's up there with the bASe and Renault 14, it shouldn't exist, but it does.

14 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

I have had a problem with the Rolls Royce since the time I collected it, I can't see what is behind me or beside me. It has a tiny rear window with wrap around C pillars to provide anonymity for my important passengers, wheel arches that stick out and no side mirrors.

Most of that is fixed but I have managed to fit door mirrors using a clamp on type modified. I thought about wing mirrors but I am not keen on drilling holes in my front wings and  my experience from the Toledo says you don't see much with them anyway. 

IMG_20230803_092703 broad.jpg

Has Sir considered a Strap - On ?

bgb__917-1.jpg

Straps onto the spare wheel.

(not what you lot were thinking ! )

https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/products/917-container-rear-view-mirror-7

17 minutes ago, Momentary Lapse Of Reason said:

Has Sir considered a Strap - On ?

bgb__917-1.jpg

Straps onto the spare wheel.

(not what you lot were thinking ! )

https://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/products/917-container-rear-view-mirror-7

Yes I had considered that, but I have no spare wheel on the passenger side to fix it to and I wanted a matching pair.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145216881398

Remember I am still a shiter and £347.95 for a mirror is not going to happen.

• Like 2