Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - what date should the next FoD be?

Six-cylinder

16 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

... when selling my Citroen AX 11TZX I was contacted by the doctor who asked if I would swap it for his 306 Cabriolet 1.8, what a great chance to live my dream and I am not disappointed.....

Never thought I'd see the day when an AX is worth the same as a 306 Cabrio....!

14 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Never thought I'd see the day when an AX is worth the same as a 306 Cabrio....!

I know, I got a way better car out of that deal! 

?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

The blue thing is the supply, the breather is the little knob thing on the cap. A baggage strap would hold it in but I suspect the MoT man might take a dim view, what say any of our tame MoT testers? A steel strap wouldn't be taxing to knock up.

Just being cable tied on and having a lot of fresh petrol flow through it at the FoD under its own steam will do it the world of good

• Like 1

Found out from work today I am working Saturday and on call Sunday. Means I'm going to have to miss the weekend which is a bummer. Sorry guys and gals.

• Sad 1

My plan is;

Depart home at circa before_breakfast on saturday

Go to mums and help them assemble a summerhouse until its done (hopefully smash it out in a morning, it's a flat pack kit) 

Have luncheon

Come to the fod and stay until whenever. I'll bring what's needed to be self sufficient which will probably be an chair, stove, teabags and food. Probably won't sleep over, but drive back late. 

@AnthonyG you'll be there afternoon on Saturday won't you?

Obv weather will change all of this but equally we could just get wet and get it done regardless. 

May or May not come with parents, depends how they feel I guess! 

Sorry to put this off topic, but if anyone wants some of the cheap size 100 batteries at £35 each,  Just ping me a message and I'll bring them with me. Ive got two for Chris, happy to bring more if anyone wants. 

This is the dimensions, pinched of the tanya site. 

Screenshot_20200817-193955.thumb.jpg.bab985dcd5942364834936c2d65fc82a.jpg

I'm in no shape profiteering from this. They are just "shitter discount" clearance from work and seems a good price.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

But what is it hiding!

With some carefully thinking I've narrowed it down a bit based on you and your good ladys other cars.  So far I've got - 

Made between 1959 and 2005

Not made by Ford. 

After that litterally anything that has wheels!

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

There's a potential I could come up this weekend, if so, would the masses prefer I came in the Tourer or the Fenlander? ?

Bring the ratty tourer. 

40 minutes ago, Andyrew said:

After that litterally anything that has wheels!

who said it had to have wheels?!

the river boat says it doesn't have to!

its about time someone here got their own personal hovercraft anyway...

I did not use the Peugeot 406 Coupe yesterday because it did not show up on the Mids insurance database.

I added it to my insurance on-line late Sunday afternoon and checked several times yesterday Monday and it showed as uninsured. This morning it now shows an insured. Trouble is I have other cars to move around today, more news about that later!

While I did have the Peugeot insured I did not want to do battle with the authorities if I was caught out in it without it being on the Database. 

z insurance mids conformation.jpg

49 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

I did not use the Peugeot 406 Coupe yesterday because it did not show up on the Mids insurance database.

I added it to my insurance on-line late Sunday afternoon and checked several times yesterday Monday and it showed as uninsured. This morning it now shows an insured. Trouble is I have other cars to move around today, more news about that later!

While I did have the Peugeot insured I did not want to do battle with the authorities if I was caught out in it without it being on the Database.

Don't blame you.  I got pulled over one evening on the M11 in an Iveco Daily van I'd just picked up - I'd added it to my insurance that lunchtime so obvs it wasn't showing up yet.  Motorway plod took a lot of persuading not to impound it.

Plod really should know that it takes 24/48 hrs for a vehicle to show up on the MID.  It even says on the MID web page that it isn't live.  Whenever I take out new insurance I always keep a copy of the certificate (usually a screenshot) and the details about payment with me on my phone, in the hope that should be more than enough for an officer to realise it just hasn't been updated yet.  Never had to test that theory yet.

When I bought my 406 it was not insured. I put iton online in Coventry and drove it home via m1 stopping at a couple of services. Morning after I nipped into town and checked it online. Still not showing. Wife rang them up to find I'd put the wrong date by a day on it. I was rather lucky. 

I got a text yesterday lunch time to say the Lancia Trevi was ready to collect! It took me by surprise so today I went to collect it.

It looks about the same as when I had it transported to my favourite garage but now it drives and has an MOT.

Works carried out include:

Strip and clean carb, Fit throttle linkage, Welding, Thermostat, Header tank, Washer bottle, replace headlight switch, fit replacement fuse box, fit 4 new tyres, fit rear brake pads and spark plugs. None of this conveys how much time and effort they put into diagnosing stuff and waiting for me to find parts.  The worst problem has been electrics and when I say things like they changed the fuse box that does not tell the story of mine being useless and then me providing another useless one and then a part broken one they had to provide patches for to get everything working.

As I was told it is very lumpy until it is fully warmed up but apart from that drives very well.

I was told to put petrol in it as soon as possible, I forgot my mask so could not use the closest petrol station and had to go six miles for a Tesco pay at the pump. Tense!  

IMG_20200818_135109 broad.jpg

IMG_20200818_135145 broad.jpg

IMG_20200818_135442 broad.jpg

IMG_20200818_135610 broad.jpg

IMG_20200818_142431 broad.jpg

IMG_20200818_142541 broad.jpg

Brilliant news, can't wait to perve over the dash at the weekend ?

Should be heading over Friday night after work then heading back Sunday lunchtime but might adjust that slightly if the weather is awful ?

Also need to fix my own car to travel in to save yet more miles in the Focus.

• Like 3