Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

If anyone is interested you can make an entertaining recoilless tennis ball rifle using a length of drainpipe, two funnels, a piezo bbq lighter and a few lengths of gaffer tape using hairspray or lighter gas as a propellant.

*stand well back on first launch and don’t overdo the gas.

If anyone is interested you can make an entertaining recoilless tennis ball rifle using a length of drainpipe, two funnels, a piezo bbq lighter and a few lengths of gaffer tape using hairspray or lighter gas as a propellant.

*stand well back on first launch and don’t overdo the gas.

oh, And put the dog on a leash otherwise you might not see him for a week !

Suzuki Kizashi

1920px-2010_Suzuki_Kizashi_SE_5_--_03-13

Saw one of these today and thought this might be a rare car as I either hadn't seen one before (or recalled seeing one before - as it's a bit bland!) but's smart and almost modern looking.

A quick check on how many left reveals there's currently 325 on British roads

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=Suzuki+Kizashi&commit=Search

Did they ever work out what that was?

I remember that!

Wasn't it some 60s British (?) gullwing coupe that was pictured in a Ladybird book or something?  I still think of that now and would love to have known what it was, if anyone can find the thread.  Perhaps it was on here,

Maybe, at one time left hookers were all the rage in Japan to the extent that they officially imported US-built Preludes (or something) with 'Made in USA' badges on them. 

If my head wasn't full of this shite then i would be able to remember the date of my nephews birthday which is my latest failure.

• 2 weeks later...

post-5127-0-80488800-1542300733_thumb.jpg

Saab 9-3 Carlsson.

I thought that badge had disappeared a long time ago.  A mate told me it was sitting an auction I go to the odd time and I went up to take a look today.  Unfortunately it hadn't been half as cherished as it deserved.  They've got the 2.8 V6 Turbo producing 280bhp and four wheel drive.  YES PLEASE.

2010 so nearing the end of Saab.... bound to be the holy grail in years to come.

I saw a car in the background of a video that looked a bit like a Scion XB (which I had to look up the name of, familiar shape, forgettable name) with a load of plastic glued on.  I had a guess that it might be Chinese, and it is, the Great Wall Hover M2

391e8a471ede737682d6fefae75b591c.jpg

This in turn led me to another car I'd never heard of that looks even more like a Scion XB, the Great Wall Cool Bear which is worth mentioning because it's such a brilliantly daft name for a car of any variety.

Great_Wall_CoolBear.jpg

I did know these existed as they were built in Spalding just down the road from me. What I didn't know was that they never built them as kit cars which I think justifies their inclusion here. Obviously an updated Elan, but apparently OK. They knocked out one a week, much like my good self.

post-7547-0-70984200-1542319910_thumb.jpg

Evante roadster.

Went bust in early 91 then 9 more more were built by Fleur De lys the van people.

I saw a car in the background of a video that looked a bit like a Scion XB (which I had to look up the name of, familiar shape, forgettable name) with a load of plastic glued on.  I had a guess that it might be Chinese, and it is, the Great Wall Hover M2

391e8a471ede737682d6fefae75b591c.jpg

Reminds me of...

post-3942-0-42279100-1542354527_thumb.jpeg