Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

The Tiuna UR-53ar50

A Venezuelan made military vehicle...

Tuina.jpg

It was apparently designed by Toyota. 

It comes in may styles, open top, 'hatchback' pick up and my favorite is the Gun Car.

I cant seem to link the photo for the 'Gun car', but if you google the car and look threw you'll see it. The Gun sticks threw a slot in the windscreen!

Jiangnan TT

f52b7cbc63bc4205d819219aba95a09bd7bb26d0

From what I can figure out it's effectively a rebadged Maruti 800/Suzuki Alto. I know next to diddly squat about Chinese cars.

I am in my 5th week out here in China and after such a long break from the place I recognize about 20% of the cars on the road here. As we are looking to buy a family car for the in-laws I am becoming a guru on the subject. I will have a few days spare once I get back to USA this week and will compile a summary of what is what. Including a Borgward! I kid you not.

Reading about the rifle I found this, some abandoned army project taken up by the marines and used in Vietnam.

Ontos.jpg

Have they actually bought the rights to Borgward or is it the usual Chinese 'fuck you' on the subject of IP and trademarks?

No, it's all legit. The 'Borgward' name was bought by Christian Borgward (grandson of the founder) and the new company was set up in Stuttgart.

The cars are made in China by Beiqi Foton Motor, a subsidiary of BAIC, one of the more respected Chinese manufacturers.

Looking at their website Borgward seem to be establishing themselves in mainland Europe and are spreading to the Middle East.

They appear to be two different cars, the blue one has a few Ford bits but the red has a different body.

The video tells the story of the Th!nk company, the red one is a 2nd generation made after Ford sold off the company.

You can see the similarities in the roof frame, wipers etc.