Cars you didn't know existed until very recently.

philibusmo

Yeah spot on. It's a JDM Toyota Will VS (with optional bodykit).

Have a look at the Will Cypha, that's an odd one too.

Excellent thanks, you've answered two questions, one of which I never even asked! I've seen a few of those Cyphas about but didn't know what they were. Now I do, thanks. They usually seem to be in some sort of dayglo shade.

By the way, you're avatar made me smile. Kevin Eldon as Rod Hull, that takes me back.

I've always had a soft spot for estate cars, particularly those of three door variety ..as in many of the more sporting coach-builts. Perhaps it's the overall proportions & balance of these cars, their seamlessness, or the longer (and seemingly more streamlined) length of the glazing ..as well as their inherent usability.

Accordingly I was rather taken by this very stylish Citroen CX  . .

Citroen-CX-Shooting-Break-Gullwing.jpg

• Like 13

According to Wikkipedia, that Rascal van has been badged as:

Bedford Rascal

GME Rascal

Holden Scurry

Maruti Omni

Maruti Versa

Mazda Scrum

Autozam Scrum

Ford Pronto

Wuling Rongguang

Daewoo Damas

Chevrolet CMV/CMP

PakSuzuki Bolan

Vauxhall Rascal

Mitsubishi Colt T120ss

Mitsubishi Minicab

Nissan NT100/NV100 Clipper

Chang'an SC6320G

Chang'an SC1011

Chang'an SC6331

Jilin JL 110C/E

Songhuajiang HFJ6350

SYM T880/T1000/V5/V9/V11

Can any other vehicle match that? I doubt it.

Thou shalt steer clear of chod that's sold with different names in different markets, for it isn't shite but shit.

(1 Junkman 5:7)

• Like 1

Thou shalt steer clear of chod that's sold with different names in different markets, for it isn't shite but shit.

Opel_kadett_ls_crop.jpg

:huh:

A Vauxhall by any other name is still shit.

(1 Timewaster 6:4)

• Like 3

Saw this today so I know it exists but I still don't know what it is. A quick Google suggests it's a Toyota of some sort but I'm none the wiser. Some sort of JDM?

attachicon.gif20170713_142627.jpg

The WiLL VS loads of these in NZ (this is the good looking WiLL - looks a bit like Darth Vaders Helmet (ooer) or so I'm told)

The Ginger step child of the family is this

The WiLL VI

post-17864-0-91711700-1500082581_thumb.jpg

A Vauxhall by any other name is still shit.

(1 Timewaster 6:4)

Nah m8, that's a line from Rammel and Jalopy by Bill Halfshaft.

• Like 3

I would love to think that 600 has a giant clock in place of the rev counter, or even better a base allegro style cardboard target.

Fiat's baby Rancho? That Fiat 127 estate in the ebay thread was a new one on me too. WOULD to both

I was wondering ..

How come consumers in the UK, or perhaps vehicle marketing, don't go for crew cabs light trucks in a big way.?  They are very common indeed in Germany, Holland, and I'm sure other European & Asian countries, and are even common in the US as four door version of their pick up truck.  But here in the UK - they're pretty unusual.  Are UK work practices so different that the extra crew are not needed ?  or perhaps it is an insurance thing ?

• Like 1

I was wondering ..

How come consumers in the UK, or perhaps vehicle marketing, don't go for crew cabs light trucks in a big way.? They are very common indeed in Germany, Holland, and I'm sure other European & Asian countries, and are even common in the US as four door version of their pick up truck. But here in the UK - they're pretty unusual. Are UK work practices so different that the extra crew are not needed ? or perhaps it is an insurance thing ?

They are unusual as work vehicles but quite common as a low tax option for company cars.

Must be at least 1 tonne payload to qualify which is probably why we don't get the cool east European ones like the Dacia

Fiat 128 estate. This one is an import but the owner says they were sold new here.

They certainly did.  September 1975 UK brochure:

post-20295-0-62068500-1500806051_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Passed by one of these on the M50 'tother day. Guess this is what JLR has been up to instead of designing a new Landrover.

post-17481-0-93437500-1501333477_thumb.png

New use for an old (pretend) name.

**Post also suitable for the butt-ugly thread over on modernshite.