The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

Went out on the ZX10R this morning, backroads to Tenbury. Not that many bikes out, definitely slippery too from the overnight rain.

Came back and with an empty tank and fitted the Jetprime fuelling unit that i bought a few weeks ago. Pulled the low-mid fuelling up a bit (the software is pretty straightforward, the fuel trims are adjustable in 1000rpm intervals); only been up the road but seems smoother pulling away and winding on from low rpms (sounds smoother too, def needed enrichment). Also blocked off the PAIR to prevent backfiring off throttle.

The turbo project is making progress, after experimenting i wasnt happy with height of the turbo relative to a full sump (the sump came off 3 times while i got the figures) so ive put a scavenging pump on. Made a small frame up for it and used some u-bolts (the supplied fixings were a bit to mediocre for something in the firing line of road debris).

Looks like wales will be more 'open' soon, so looking forward to Aber'th etc for a proper stops with chips and/or eyes-creme instead of stops are petrol stations.

18 hours ago, stereotype said:

No burnouts on my baby! Nah we haven't done front pads yet, I want to make sure it'll not go forward when I eventually attempt one in an unspecified carpark ?

brake on slightly for a ride round itll warm the disc enough - saves putting the bike up against a brickwall :P

do it in the driveway theres not gonna be much smoke and the clutch might not like it anyway :D

Ashamed to say that despite being furlonged for several months now,I've not ridden anywhere for at least 4 weeks,maybe longer,just haven't had the inclination.buting the rover to replace the mz for daily duties has made me question wether I keep it or not,as I have my Ariel for fun biking,and keeping it taxed motd and insured is an expense I could do without now I've got a car to run,obvs the Ariel being 66 years old only needs a small dollop of insurance and it's legal so is minimal expense.

1 hour ago, Flashband said:

picked this up on Monday 

20200621-180312.jpg
image share

Been keeping me amused. Also working exup valve shocker

I've got an exup. They are stonking bikes. That looks tidy.

Service the exup valve if it hasn't been done  and if it runs rich put new emulsion tubes in. 

Join exup1000.co.uk for expertise 

1 hour ago, pilninggas said:

I've got an exup. They are stonking bikes. That looks tidy.

Service the exup valve if it hasn't been done  and if it runs rich put new emulsion tubes in. 

Join exup1000.co.uk for expertise 

This is what inside of the carbs looked like prior to cleaning.

IMG-20200604-WA0000.jpg

It's a right grumpy twat when cold but fine when up to temperature so I suspect I'll be in there again, joy

51 minutes ago, plasticvandan said:

Hoping to drag this out tomorrow,started first kick this afternoon after being sat for 2 months IMG_20200327_180430080.thumb.jpg.5b3461aae995ce7b9393f58d161f8130.jpg

I quite fancy something like an Ariel or Matchless now. I feel I now have some semblance of mechanical sympathy for a simple 1950's single cylinder bike.

It's only taken me 45 years to come to this conclusion.

Today we went from this ......IMG_20200615_200424.thumb.jpg.862c28682693c2a1c5d7261542e1042a.jpg

To this......received_1474442759395087.thumb.jpeg.bb885df34c4803f0d65765a4daf775db.jpeg

Have had a few battles up to yet. But I am super happy with how this is turning out.

I love a standard MK1 bandit, I always wanted one when I was younger in the late 90's early 00's

Have a few snags still like the fouling of plugs and carbs out of whack (probably related tbh)

That looks so much better.

I'm glad there are other haters of those twin headlights that seem to adorn far too many Bandits, especially the 600's for some reason.

I bought a very cheap 02 plate 600 about 18 months ago, and chucked a few hundred quid at it trying to get it to run right. It didn't so sold it at a breakeven price, but its refusal to run right kept me awake at night trying to figure it out.

them type of lights are utter toss and needed throwing in the bin :)

had on previous bikes and the wiring is utter dogshit - gets hot and thats not a good idea

did what you did - was looking at buying a 900 hornet after buying a new one in 2003

it was cheap but the pics showed it had one of those twin lamps on

swerve - when the 7 inch lamp like those and countless other bikes is so cheap and easily available why would you put a shit streetfighter one on ffs

Today we went from this ......IMG_20200615_200424.thumb.jpg.862c28682693c2a1c5d7261542e1042a.jpg

To this......received_1474442759395087.thumb.jpeg.bb885df34c4803f0d65765a4daf775db.jpeg
Have had a few battles up to yet. But I am super happy with how this is turning out.
I love a standard MK1 bandit, I always wanted one when I was younger in the late 90's early 00's
Have a few snags still like the fouling of plugs and carbs out of whack (probably related tbh)
Where did you get the headlight?

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Braved the heat to take the Chinese Thing for a quick blast this evening - also coincidentally my first solo ride. Much joy was had, with only one stall, thanks to the clutch being way more forgiving than the CG I did my CBT on. No bullying by cars, probably because they were intimidated by my MASSIVE CRASH BARS. Anyway, it took me 10 minutes to get it back into the garden, so I've taken the rear bars off. They weighed about eleventy lbs, so I've probably taken another half a second off its 0-40 time too.

From a breaker in Wales iirc. 
All the Chinese aftermarket ones are toss and made plastic 
Yup, the aftermarket headlights are total garbage.

The 600S I'm taking on currently has a single headlight, but matey is keeping that for his 1200 bandit.

It comes with the original bikini fairing but it looks wank so I'll keep that in the attic and get another headlight. Justbandits do one and I'm watching a couple of original ones on ebay....

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

I think all these twin headlight mods are done to make the bike look like this

0t5EORp.jpg?1

I do like the big twin headlights on my Triumph but anything like a Bandit/Monster/Brutale or Raptor to name a few looks much better with the standard single light. Those aftermarket arrangements rarely suit the bike especially those teeny ones.

Question for the bikers:

I’m shortly getting my big bike license and what I’d like more than anything is a 90’s Honda with as lurid colour scheme as possible. I’m thinking CBR600 with lots of pink and green. Any others I should be thinking of? 

less lurid, but there’s a nice looking NTV600 reverie on eBay at the moment. Thoughts?