Shitecycle - Free to a new home...

The Moog

only details are sanyo, 12v 8 watts on label, am/fm radio 8 track (same as a radio cassette player) no model id anywhere.

it has 5 wires

live

earth

3 speaker wires presume left,right common earth.

plan is to use two modern speakers hidden behind period grilles, I have roughly an A4 paper size area to hide an amp( something to boost sound level).

presume this is what I need to be able to hear it at higher speed i'm not looking to shatter windows or win a sound off, my other tinas have modernish cd players to are ok for what I need.

thanks for any help advice.

First off youll need to convert the low power speaker signals to rca with one of these.....

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181189698050&alt=web

Then the amp itself... for just door speakers we only need minimal power but multi channel so i reccomend....

Budget 2 speaker:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=262354516423&alt=web

Bit more money but loads better quality and up to four speakers:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=351550459271&alt=web

Obvs can use other amps but will need a channel per speaker and dont buy a mono amp thats for subs...

And dont forget wiring kit!!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261958442828&alt=web

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

cheers this stuff is clear as mud to me.

if we where talking cams,heads,lsd's,comp ratio's, etc then i'm in my element.

am I right in thinking the second one would allow the 2 speakers in & 4 out?

not much use to me in a pickup cab, but every days a school day

Yep two speaker wires converted to rca to amp then being 2 channel the amp supplys 2 soeakers or 4 channel 4 speakers ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've got a stack of model railway magazines here.

Free if anyone wants them.

All I ask is that you come and collect, too many to post.

Located Rainham, Essex.

Or, if you're feeling extremely generous, you can give me an 850/S or V70 T5 auto with full mot and service history.

Come and get them if you want them.

PM me for details, sil vous plait.

post-20090-0-57488300-1460885401_thumb.jpg

Ford sound 2000 from my long dead 1990 Sierra. I don't have the code and it seems to be locked out - three dashes appear in the display. These fit a lot of congemporary Fords - this is pre-RDS! How did we manage?

It's going to the tip unless anyone can use it.

You'll probably find the incorrect code has been entered too many times and it's locked out. The lockout goes up each time, 5 mins, 15 mins, 30 mins etc

Wire it up and leave the ignition on so the dashes are showing for 15 mins (or possibly longer) and it should reset itself to code input and the dashes will flash

That radio is a blast from the past! Dad had exactly the same one in his 1990 Ford Orion, chewed tapes up from new! Re: codes, this might help: http://www.freefordradiocode.co.uk

I remember that rumour about putting them in the freezer to wipe the code, no idea if there was any truth/science/logic behind it. They were commonly nicked though, at least in the badlands of  late 80's - mid 90's Essex...

Anybody want a roofbox?

abb22eb5601ac95a1e01c6ec8ca42ce7.jpg

cd0441cbdf36b8c7f2bf76ea2c2dc26a.jpg

05bd8649a8dfde24e273f14895c1d28d.jpg

d2d49b6c4cde254be865974331550b9a.jpg

9e12e8115da9d9f45914bbcc9f6fda6c.jpg

It's a Halfords kar-rite 300/400 series and has spent most of its life sikaflexed to the top of a campervan that my mate was breaking, as a result it's quite weather worn but it's watertight and in full working order.

I was planning to put it on my camper but it casts a massive shadow on my solar panel so that's that plan cancelled.

Because it was permanently bonded to a camper roof It's u bolts have been lost along the way, so you'd need to get some from somewhere, but internal straps, plates etc are still there.

Dimensions are about 110×95×40cm

If you want it, it's yours for free... but maybe winging a forum donation over to daveb47 would be good after the recent server issues?

Collect from Liverpool. It will fit in an Astra etc if you haven't got roofbars or u bolts.

Cheers

Last time I was home visiting my folks, mother gm produced this little beauty from the attic - when fatha gm bought a brand new toyota corolla back in the eighties, he decadently had them install a stereo radio cassette (with dobly, no less) so this fine specimen has never been used :

post-4462-0-59505500-1461585198_thumb.jpeg

post-4462-0-02607400-1461585242_thumb.jpeg

post-4462-0-90274600-1461585259_thumb.jpg

free to a fellow shiter (probably less than a tenner postage, I can check, or collect from falkirk, scotchland)

does anyone have a period toyota that could give it a new home ? or shall I bung it on the blue forum for £loads ?

this is the very car that it belonged to, my very young self perched on the bonnet in groovy green shorts

post-4462-0-87660200-1461585528_thumb.jpeg