Felly Magic

Bus Shite (I'VE BEEN PAPPED, NOOOOOO LOL)

What's the red car on the top?

heres the bit of text from the facebook post I "borrowed" the picture from :) (the interesting thing for me is Detroit in a Leyland Leopard?!)

Leyland Leopard UFO Car Carrier
(UFO - Under Floor Operated) by John Baker..
Horizontally orientated 671N GM with an Allison Auto.

John Baker Moving New Toyota Lexen’s, Camry’s & Corolla’s c1989

CIE and Bus Eireann both had Detroit-repowered Leopards with Allison 'boxes; they had DAF and Cummins powered examples too.

M/MC/MD/MG classes IIRC. The Detroit powered ones were allegedly good for 110mph, must have been fucking terrifying on drum brakes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CIE and Bus Eireann both had Detroit-repowered Leopards with Allison 'boxes; they had DAF and Cummins

M/MC/MD/MG classes IIRC. The Detroit powered ones were allegedly good for 110mph, must have been fucking terrifying on drum brakes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Agreed. They roared past our house. It was a big change from the half-cabs that they replaced just a few months earlier.

Christmas present for y'all... the future.

Took some snaps to bemused onlookers at the electric bus infrastructure recently installed in Harrogate bus station. I've no idea what the buses themselves are, only one was there with a Volvo badge and fisher price bodywork. What I didn't snap though is the generator humming away behind the bags and the doze or so electrical cabinets required to power these things. Not bad engineering though, a quick Google indicates that they might be charging at something like 30 kW. Or maybe not. Either way the pigeon nesting in one of them might get a bit of a surprise. Downside though is that Harrogate Bus are using these on their fairly pointless council routes that only ever carry three old people.

post-5328-0-55161200-1545682950_thumb.jpg

post-5328-0-35330000-1545682975_thumb.jpg

post-5328-0-80066000-1545682999_thumb.jpg

post-5328-0-02333600-1545683016_thumb.jpg

Yes, opportunity charged is the word. Except that the idea isn't to have a fucking great diesel engine providing the ooommppphnn.

Early trials , Volvo 7900??.

The futures bright, the futures err, ???

Depends whether your aim is to save polar bears, or in-town residents really.

Guest Hooli

Collection thread incoming? with livefeed of SWMBO reaction?

Nope!

No swmbo currently either.

Guest Hooli

Waterstones (the bus operator from South Elmsall) have one of those in that same ex East Yorkshire look. Have a wander into Donny and admire it !!

ps, I'm not on Faceache so it's not me.

No shan't. I've zero* desire for a bus, an old coach maybe. But not unless I win the lottery.

Does anybody know when a Leyland Nation would have first entered service in Buckingham.

Again this is to help date the photo for a local historian.

As far as I can tell the oldest Alder Valley Nationals were L reg so 1972/3. Hope this is of some help.