Shitely music

Cord Fourteener

I dug this out recently and it reminded me of road trips and also walking down the local garage for shopping late at night, and I thought this is a very Shitely song, so I thought I'd share it here. Anybody else have Shitely music?

Not road trips per se but early memories of driving. Back in 1995 I bought a double CD compilation which I think was titled: "The best punk album in the world...ever!" . I recorded both discs onto C90 cassettes to play in my first car: a vermillion 1979 Mini 1000. Was an absolute belter of album: started with Anarchy in the UK by the Sex Pistols and I think ended up some punk poetry by John Cooper Clarke (Kung Fu International). "Never Mind the Bollocks" too and the first two Oasis albums and other Britpop stuff.

Unfortunately, my parents' house got burgled in February 1996 so I start my CD collection from scratch and buy a mini hi fi.

Back in the day, when I had £££ to piss away, myself and my mate Vic Smooth (stage name ?) would have a weekly road trip, either with him driving "Brown Dog", a MK1 Cavalier 2000GLS, or myself in either my Capri or whatever detritus my brother had hanging about at the time.

Mix tapes were common, but he was obsessed with The Ramones, and there's only so many times you can hear 1-2-3-4 and then 3 chords before they start to blur into one.

Stock photoThis album became a favourite, as did the follow-up, Sea Monsters.

THE-PIXIES-DOOLITTLE-DOLITTLE-180g-Vinyl-LP-Album-NEW-SEALEDThis was another, we were both big fans of this, and managed to convert the lead singer of our band (aka Eddie Shit) into the ways of Black Frank and co; to the extent that when Mr Frank released his solo album, his partner threatened to leave him after he put it on repeat for 5 hours.....

And thirdly....
Wonder-Stuff-The-Eight-Legged-Groove-Machine-vinyl-LP-album-record-UK-GONLP1this was another favourite, best played as loud as possible.

Pixies! and Wonderstuff!

I used to like all that stuff. I had REM Automatic for the people for a family trip with my parents into Scotland and the next year for a similar Scottish adventure I listen to Ocean Colour Scene, Mosely Shoals - though these days I would listen to Submotion Orchestra, Bonobo, Jaga Jazzist etc and all sorts of modern folk music. And Radio 3.

I

1970s and 1980s West Coast soft rock aka "Yacht Rock" i.e. Hall & Oates, Christopher Cross, Toto, Captain & Tenille, Rupert Holmes, the Doobie Brothers, Fleetwood Mac, Steely Dan, Michael McDonald, Loggins & Messina et al. I blame my father for getting me into such music back in the 1980s :mrgreen:

48 minutes ago, Shep Shepherd said:

1970s and 1980s West Coast soft rock aka "Yacht Rock" i.e. Hall & Oates, Christopher Cross, Toto, Captain & Tenille, Rupert Holmes,the Doobie Brothers, Fleetwood Mac, Steely Dan, Michael McDonald, Loggins & Messina et al. I blame my father for getting me into such music back in the 1980s :mrgreen:

My dad has a lot of this in his collection especially the eagles, & I have followed suite somewhat 

Running around in clapped out VW beetles, listening to Cosmic Thing on tape by the B52s driving the width and breadth of the UK. 
Life was a lot more simple then.

Really enjoyed the Groove Armada track again. The Beloved “Sun Rising” is another trip hop classic. Great CD but not quite as good as the Groove Armada track...

• 2 weeks later...

I've been into.prog since I first discovered peter gabriel and genesis in 76-77 , the usual stuff ELP Yes  etc

Moved on to porcupine tree ,steven wilson, riverside ,lunatic soul, gazpacho, 

I did have a girlfriend in the 80s who tried to style me out of denim , I gave in and let her take me to a "boutique"

Picked out some trousers and a burgundy shirt with ruffles on , I put them on in the changing room , luckily it had a mirror so I saved the rest of the shop the hilarious sight of a slightly chubby bloke with long straight hair looking like a reluctant  member of spandau ballet